Blackstone Consulting Cook I in Yuma, Arizona
Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe certified preferred. Good
customer service skills. Must have solid worth ethics.
Experience Demonstrated history of related Food Service experience preferably with a major
institution or the military as a Cook.
• Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation time.
• Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
• Typically, performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to
• Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
• Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
• Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
• Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
• May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
• May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all C-2, client and regulatory rules and procedures.