Department of Defense Education Activity Lead Monitor in Yokota Air Base, Japan
Department of Defense Education Activity
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Yokota Air Base, Japan
Work Schedule is Part Time - Seasonal
Opened Friday 10/14/2016 (9 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (5 day(s) away)
Our mission is to provide an exemplary education that inspires and prepares the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members for success in a dynamic, global environment.
Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) operates as a field activity of the Office of the Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness). DoDEA's schools are divided into 3 geographic regions: Europe, the Pacific, and the Americas. Each region is currently managed by an Regional Director. Within each of these three regions, schools are organized into districts headed by superintendents. DoDEA is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and managing prekindergarten through 12th grade educational programs on behalf of the Department of Defense (DoD). DoDEA is globally positioned, operating 172 accredited schools in 14 districts located in 11 foreign countries, 7 states, Guam, and Puerto Rico. DoDEA employs approximately 15,000 employees who serve more than 74,000 children of active duty military and DoD civilian families. DoDEA is committed to ensuring that all school-aged children of military families are provided a world-class education that prepares them for postsecondary education and/or career success and to be leading contributors in their communities as well as in our 21st century globalized society.
If selected for a position under this vacancy announcement, your application will be inactivated. If you wish to be considered for future vacancies, you must submit a new application.
All required documents must be appropriately dated and submitted with your application package in order to be considered. Failure to provide the required documents as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating. (See Required Documents section).
This position DOES NOT GRANT SOFA STATUS - Applications will only be accepted from Military and Civilian family members with SOFA status
Who May Apply:
Applicants in Japan District, within commuting area of the complex of YOKOTA WEST Elementary, in the categories listed below are eligible to apply for this position.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. Failure to provide the required documents as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating. (See Required Documents section).
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of Defense Education Activity
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible for Excepted Service Family Member Authority
NOTE: Family members of contractor employees are NOT eligible for appointment.
In this position you will develop and maintain shift schedules, assigns work, and instruct employees in performance of their tasks; gives simple on-the-job training in accordance with applicable local guidance; deals with student misbehavior and discipline issues forwarded by subordinate monitors, informs the school principal regarding disciplinary problems, provides input to employee performance appraisals; and resolves informal complaints. You may perform lunchroom, recess, classroom, and bus monitoring duties. Monitors identifies and reports known or suspected problems, issues, or concerns to the appropriate staff, faculty member, or other official (e.g., military police) in accordance with established policies and procedures. The work may be performed in a cafeteria, a designated lunch site, outdoor or indoor recess area, a bus loading and unloading area, or any combination of these or similar areas
- Not Required
- Male applicants must meet the Selective Service requirement
- You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation/determination
- Non U.S. citizen must have a SSN or ITIN
In order to qualify for these positions, you need 6 months of general work experience. General experience is defined as experience working with people.
1 year above high school One year of full time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours in a college or university hours in a college or university or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial or technical school.
Combination of education and general experience: To qualify applicants must possess a combination of post-high school education and general experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Are You Qualifying Based on Education? A photocopy of all OFFICIAL high school/college/university transcripts (front and back) must be submitted. Any transcripts submitted that are not in English will not be considered.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful.
If you upload your documents using Application Manager, DO NOT FAX the same documents. To verify uploaded documents have been processed, please wait one hour to ensure they have cleared the virus scan. You can verify that your uploaded documents are attached to your application by checking the Details tab of your Application Manager account https://applicationmanager.gov/ for this vacancy announcement. Your documents will display under the Details tab in the Document area.
Once your complete application is received and as vacancies occur, evaluations of applications will be conducted. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
Notice to Employees on Temporary Appointments: You May Now Be Eligible for Health Benefits Coverage.
Working for the Department of Defense Education Activity offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. To find out more about the major benefits offered to most Federal employees, visit www.opm.gov/insure
LIVING QUARTERS ALLOWANCE (LQA) AND PAYMENT OF TRAVEL AND TRANSPORTATION ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.
- Candidates selected for temporary positions may be non-competitively converted to permanent without further competition.
- Locality Pay: Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area. Locality rates of pay in CONUS will not be used for pay setting when transferring to an overseas/foreign area.
- Family member appointments will expire based on the sponsor's rotation date. Family member appointments may not exceed two months after an employee is no longer considered a family member within the local commuting area due to PCS or divorce of sponsor or, in the case of a child, the age of 23.
- Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see the OPM ICTAP website. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- All candidates must reside within the local commuting area where the position is located. Local commuting area is defined as the geographic area surrounding a work site that encompasses the localities where people live and reasonably can be expected to travel back and forth daily to work based on the generally held expectations of the local community. (5 CFR 575.203).
- Incumbent may be subject to the 5-year foreign area limitation according to the DoDI 1400.25-V1230, dated 26 July 2012.
- Incumbent may be required to complete a 1-year probationary or trial period.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- You will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer in accordance with DoD Regulation 7000.14R.
- Selectee must undergo Background Checks IAW DoDI 1402.5 (e.g. Local Files Check, State Criminal History Records Check, and National Agency Check Inquiries). Employment in these positions is subject to successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet/maintain these requirements may be grounds for termination.
Citizenship/Ordinarily Resident Status: Applicants must be U.S. citizens who are not considered Ordinarily Resident under the applicable Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA). An ordinarily resident is anyone who has lived in the host country longer than the allowed number of days without being a member of the forces assigned, civilian component or a family member of either the aforementioned or who has obtained a work permit for any duration. Ordinarily Resident restrictions apply and vary depending on the host nation.
Dual citizens will not be appointed to positions within the country in which they hold dual citizenship. Citizenship eligibility will be verified prior to appointment.
Salary Range: $22,502.00 to $29,252.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-03/03
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: See "Who May Apply" below
Control Number: 453235200
Job Announcement Number: 16-058-JA-TR-1824310