Worcester Academy Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Deans Office (10 month) in Worcester, Massachusetts
Worcester Academy seeks an administrative professional for the role of Administrative Assistant to the Deans Office. This position is an hourly paid, full-time position and supports the office during the academic school year (Mid-August thru Mid-June). The weekly scheduled hours are Monday - Friday 7:30am-4pm with overtime as necessary.
The Assistant to the Deans supports the efforts of the Student Life Office and the Upper School Office in an administrative capacity. The position also coordinates communication and recordkeeping in the areas of discipline and attendance, and serves the needs of the student body through other support functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
- Provide administrative support to the Deans of Student Life in the Student Life Office, including preparing discipline letters, managing calendar and preparing for upcoming events.
- Provide additional administrative support to the Upper School Office including preparing letters, managing calendar and preparing for upcoming events.
- Maintain accurate student attendance including BOTH day and residential; compile daily Upper School attendance report.
- Run attendance at 8:15am and then 15 minutes after the start of each class period.
- Inform Upper School office of missing students ASAP; Deans of Student Life will respond.
- Run tardy/absence and pastoral discipline reports from REACH by 10 am and email students who have accrued three tardies (warning email)
- Coordinate all communications around attendance, including parent calls and emails to students and faculty.
- Email boarding students who have accrued four (4) tardies with detention notification.
- Send out all discipline emails and communications for Upper School students.
- Communicate all tardies, absences, etc. to students and advisors.
- Confirm and verify attendance status for all students through parent communication.
- Maintain accurate student discipline records; compile weekly report of all disciplinary action for the Student Life Office.
- Coordinate and supervise in-house suspensions.
- Organize and distribute parking permits to students. Maintain accurate listing of campus vehicles and provide to Emergency Response Team and Campus Security.
- Ongoing clerical support of the Emergency Response Program and Emergency Response Team.
- Proctor tests for students as needed
- Order supplies for Upper School Office, Student Life Office, and Dexter Hall facility as needed
- Assign mailboxes for residential students, lockers for day students and develop advisors seating charts for Upper School Community Time.
- Process all attendance for Community Programming initiatives.
- Associates degree. Bachelor degree preferred.
- At least two years working in an Administrative support role, preferably in an educational setting. Independent School experience highly desirable.
- Previously experience utilizing PowerSchool and Google Docs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, and ability to tend to many different tasks and duties simultaneously
- Ability to maintain an extreme level of confidentiality, exemplary customer service skills, attention to detail, ability to resolve situations and to work independently while supporting a cooperative environment.
- Strong computer skills required. Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Pleasant phone demeanor.
- Hear, see, and speak to effectively communicate in-person and by telephone with supervisors, staff, and external contacts.
- Must be able to navigate around walking campus in all weather elements
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds
- Comfortable with sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time throughout the day
Keyword: Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Deans Office (10 month)
From: Worcester Academy