MUFG Union Bank Senior Auditor, Associate in Woodland Hills, California
Senior Auditor Compliance, Associate
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Location San Francisco, Brea and Woodland Hills
The Associate, Senior Auditor position is a staff role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function. It reports to either a VP, Audit Manager or a Director, Senior Audit Manager. The position is primarily responsible for completing quality work within assigned timeframes and budgets. This is generally the execution of assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up.
Execute an efficient and effective program of audit work including aspects such as:
• Lead interviews of process owners to develop understanding of business processes, client’s business
• Identify potential risks and controls, and assist in developing scope and work programs
• Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness • Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation
• Document results using appropriate business and technical language in workpaper system
• Report findings and client issues to Portfolio Manager or Senior Portfolio Manager
• Assist with workpaper review and report preparation
• Complete work on a timely basis and with high quality Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
• Build relationships with peers and clients within organization Act as a leader and role model and continuously improve self and department
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience in public accounting (Big 4 – external/internal audit) or financial services industry, including Internal Audit experience with large complex financial institutions
• Prefer related experience with banking statutes and regulations (including the full “alphabet soup” of the Federal Reserve)
• Related certifications preferred: CIA, CAMS, AMLP, CRCM, CFE or other
• Prefer experience interacting with regulators, including the OCC, Federal Reserve and NYDFS • Critical thinking, analytical, and project management skills
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leadership, regulators, and staff at all levels
• Ability to perform risk assessments and analyze risk trends at a macro level, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns
• Ability to identify and understand controls in changing environments
• Strong oral and written communication, including the ability to write clear, concise, non-technical and persuasive risk evaluation reports
• Approximately 25% travel may be required
*/ We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Title: Senior Auditor, Associate
Location: CALIFORNIA-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 10009570-WD
Other Locations: CALIFORNIA-Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA-Brea, CALIFORNIA-San Francisco, CALIFORNIA-San Diego