Dixon General Manager in Winchester, Virginia
Dixon Valve, founded in 1916, is a global hose fitting and accessory manufacturer with distribution centers around the world. With a long history as a valued partner in the industrial distribution network, Dixon looks to the future through innovation and design solutions for a variety of markets -- from oil and gas to food and beverage.
*We are looking for a Division Manager for our Fire Division in Winchester, VA. The Division Manager will be responsible for directing the overall operation of business, developing operational and strategic plans, setting goals for manufacturing, sales forecasting, managing staffing and inventory levels, and coaching and developing a dedicated team. Bachelor's degree required with extensive profit and loss experience in a manufacturing operation. Knowledge of the fire protection industry also highly preferred. *
The Dixon Fire Division manufactures and stocks a diverse line of fire protection products including brass and aluminum valves, adapters, nozzles, fire hose, racks and reels, fire department connections, Storz fittings, LDH suction hose, and more.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the overall operation of business with responsibility for mission, vision and values.
- Develop and implement operational and strategic plans for the division in alignment with corporate goals and objectives
- Select, develop and coach direct reports to meet or exceed specific goals
- Build effective relationships and processes to provide seamless execution of initiatives
- Travel extensively to meet customers and work with Sales Manager
- Respond quickly to opportunities to exceed both internal and external customer expectations.
- Establish plans for sales forecasting and marketing efforts and create development programs for sales team
- Analyzing costs, activities, operations, and forecasts data to determine the division's progress toward defined goals.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- High level of financial and business acumen
- Profit & loss experience in a manufacturing operation
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- Team player mentality with an optimistic outlook
- Efficient decision-making ability leading to effective results
- Ability to foster communication and collaboration
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Employment at Dixon Valve is contingent upon the candidate's ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screening and physical capabilities test.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status and any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Loyal:Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Entrepreneurial Spirit:Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better
Masters or better
5-10 years:Fire products or industrial manufacturing industry
5-10 years:Managing people
Posted: June 29, 2016