Columbia Sportswear Company *New Store* Part Time Sales Associate - Palm Beach, FL in West Palm Beach, Florida
*New Store* Part Time Sales Associate - Palm Beach, FL
United States, Florida, West Palm Beach
100001TD Requisition #
Aug 28, 2016 Post Date
Grand opening of our new store in Palm Beach, FL at the Palm Beach Outlets on 10/21/16. Looking for motivated part time Sales Associates to support our mission "Connecting Active People With Their Passions".
Sales Associates provideexceptional customer service andassist the Store Leadership Team in supporting our company mission: "Connecting Active People With Their Passions". Come join the adventure.
- Utilize sales skills and techniques, as well as exceptional customer service, to drive store sales.
- Perform all required cash register transactions such as sales and exchanges expeditiously and with a high level of accuracy, while staying within company guidelines.
- Support and contribute to the product flow process in the store by receiving shipments and distributing to sales floor as directed.
- Ensure all visual standards are followed. This includes maintaining merchandising guidelines, restocking daily or as needed, and ensuring complete size runs are represented.
- Assist in other store functions as needed.
Compete To Win
- Greet and engage customers in the store.
- Provide information to customers on current product features and benefits.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of product features, benefits, and availability.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the store by organizing and cleaning as needed.
Doing the Right Thing
- Provide exceptional customer service both in person and on the phone.
- Maintain a high professional standard of individual behavior, courtesy, and respect.
- Demonstrate and maintain the ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment and a high professional standard of individual behavior.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear Company management, staff, and other team members in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Contribute to establishing a repeat customer base by developing customer relationships.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Job has variety in terms of customer contact and needs.
- Incumbent follows established store practices and procedures.
- Duties are performed with specific direction and goals, under general supervision. Work is checked visually and by results.
- Decisions are made within specific store policy constraints and are overseen by a member of the Store Leadership Team.
- Applies basic store operations support and technical skills.
- Contacts are made with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Internal contacts frequently include the Store Manager, Assistant Manager(s), Supervisor(s), and other store staff.
- External contacts regularly include customers and may occasionally include vendors.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with customers and other company personnel.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to smooth store operations.
- Must be able to utilize sales and customer service techniques.
- Ability to model positive customer service skills at all times.
- Resolve routine questions, complete tasks, and seek guidance on non-routine questions. Impact on store operations is limited to the accuracy of tasks and the maintenance of an exceptional customer experience.
- Basic math and organizational skills required.
- Skills in operating a Point of Sales (POS) system are required.
- Must be willing to work within established company guidelines.
- Physical requirements include the ability to use a telephone, computerized systems; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder, and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- Availability to work retail store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.