HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Perfusionist - CVOR (PRN, As Needed) in Webster, Texas
- Manages the extracorporeal circulation and myocardial protection during cardiopulmonary bypass
- Executes circulatory support (CPS systems/Intra-aortic Balloon pumps) and ventricular assistance (left or right ventricular assist devices) in the operating room, Cath Lab, and Intensive Care Units.
- Performs blood conservation techniques and autotransfusion procedures.
- Performs physiological monitoring and analysis.
- Monitors and maintains an adequate anticoagulation status of the patient during CPB according to established protocols.
- Performs blood gas and blood chemistry monitoring and analysis during CPB.
- Conducts hemodilution and hemofiltration during CPB.
- Administers medications, blood components and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit, as prescribed by the surgeon in charge.
- Participates in the evaluation of new products with the goal of improving or maintaining quality of patient care.
- Participates in data entry and maintenance of the open-heart database.
- Assist in the management of the inventory as it pertains to open heart and autotransfusion procedures.
- Completes associated documentation required with each described duty.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Program for open-heart and autotransfusion cases.
- Selects the appropriate equipment and perfusion techniques to be used during extracorporeal circulation to meet the individual patient’s needs.
- Employ’s all safety devices during extracorporeal circulation as per written protocol.
- Participates in the Call Rotation.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited perfusion technology program. Must be board eligible or certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- Must be, or be capable of being, licensed by the State of Texas.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, and administrators.
- Must have a high level of analytical ability to anticipate and solve life threatening perfusion problems.
- Must have the ability to make independent judgments to resolve complex problems consistent with accepted practices in cardiovascular perfusion.
Title: Perfusionist - CVOR (PRN, As Needed)
Location: Texas-Webster-Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster
Requisition ID: 01533-63498