Defense Intelligence Agency TRANSPORTATION SPECIALIST in Washington, District Of Columbia
Defense Intelligence Agency
- 1 vacancy - Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full Time - Term
Opened Thursday 10/13/2016 (9 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (5 day(s) away)
About the Agency
We are committed to:
- Teamwork: Partnering at all levels and across organizational boundaries for mission accomplishment.
- Integrity: Adherence to the highest legal and ethical principles in our responsibilities.
- Excellence: Unrivaled defense intelligence expertise.
- Service: Putting the welfare of the Nation and commitment to our mission before oneself.
DIA employs a variety of professionals who serve throughout the workforce to ensure successful operations. To view this position’s duties, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA’s online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.
- U.S. Citizenship - Drug Test - Security Investigation
- Demonstrated experience as a shop foreman or team lead equivalent directing lifecycle management of parts in support of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of commercial motor vehicle dynamics, operations, maintenance, and demonstrated experience diagnosing vehicular systems faults and conducting technical repairs.
- Develops short- and long-term forecasts for transportation and travel programs to ensure resources are correctly allocated across the Agency.
- Ensures operating procedures and policies are in compliance with US Air Force, Department of Defense, and Federal Aviation Administration regulations and restrictions.
- Evaluates transportation/travel operations and develops strategies to address shortcomings or resolve problems.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in automotive engine repair and associated components to include but not limited to brakes, fuel injectors, transmission, electrical systems, chassis etc.
- Possess Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certificate and demonstrated 5 years of work experience with an automotive maintenance repair facility.
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
Education Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position.
or Experience General Experience (for GS-5 positions): Experience that provided a general knowledge and under-standing of traffic or transportation programs or operations. Specialized Experience (for positions above GS-5): Experience that demonstrated a knowledge of the transportation function(s) of the position to be filled.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
What To Expect Next
Your application for employment must be prepared and submitted on-line at www.dia.mil. We will notify you, via e-mail, when your application has been received. Later, you will be notified, via e-mail, if DIA is or is not interested in you as a potential employee of our agency.
Review our benefits
Please visit our web site, www.dia.mil. Under the "Careers" heading on our web site, you will find a listing of benefits available to DIA employees.
Salary Range: $92,145.00 to $119,794.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GG-2101-13/13
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Open All Sources
Control Number: 453458900
Job Announcement Number: LOG-108702-01-ELB