Amtrak Talent Acquisition Specialist - 90180982 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist will recruit prospective employees into the organization. Evaluate various employment factors such as job experience, education and KSAs pertinent to classification and selection. Handle full-cycle recruiting activities including sourcing, screening, interviewing, develop and negotiate compensation package, closing candidates. Prepares rating on applicants, provides consultative expertise and guidance to clients on skill/culture fit, salary recommendations, and organizational/departmental information. Administration of assessments, interpretation of results, securing background screening compliance, and extend formal job offers, etc. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
• Evaluate candidates based on employment factors such as job experience, education and training, skills, knowledge and abilities and other data pertinent to the selection and referral of candidates.
• Source, screen and interview appropriate candidates to present to hiring authorities.
• Coordinate ratings of applicants and development of starting salary recommendations for hiring manager consideration.
• Assess candidate skills via approved testing based on specific job requirements or contractual obligations.
• Corresponds with candidates to include providing company information and notification of employment consideration.
• Maintain and track job and candidate data for compliance to EEO and other related employment laws and regulations.
• Participates in community outreach events to enhance employment opportunity awareness
• Some human capital experience with an emphasis on employment/recruitment.
• Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local laws affecting human capital issues pertaining to recruitment.
• Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in communication skills, including writing, speaking and the presentation of instruction, content, data and analysis.
•Ability to effectively persuade, and negotiate with potential employees.
•Transportation recruitment is a plus.
•Experience using applicant tracking systems.
•Ability to manage 25-40 requisitions with a 30 day cycle (requisition opened >offeracceptance).
•Advanced understanding of OFCCP guidelines, AAP requirements, and regulatoryrequirements in the recruitment function.
• Dedicated high volume experience
• Experience with recruitment metrics
• Strong computer and technology skills
• Advanced social media networking capability
• Advanced presentation skills
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
• Ability to operate with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
Requisition ID: 24904
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC06
Job Family/Function: Human Capital
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 3 - 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate