The Washington Post Senior Publicist in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Washington Post is seeking a Publicist to join the Communications team. Responsibilities include developing and executing a wide range of high-quality and effective PR campaigns to publicize journalism, events and company projects. The right candidate must be able to provide outstanding customer service and be an enthusiastic professional. He or she should have a proactive attitude, willingness to work as part of a team and a desire to learn. May be required to work off-hour events and occasional weekends.
- Publicize Washington Post journalism, events and company initiatives
- Build and manage relationships with a variety of media outlets; identify areas to grow TV/radio bookings.
- Coordinate broadcast media interviews for Post journalists to generate maximum exposure.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Minimum five years experience in media relations, ideally within a news organization.
- Proven ability to work with print, broadcast, and online press to develop and place a wide variety of consumer and trade stories.
- Must be able to work proactively and initiate leads while working within a cohesive team atmosphere.
- Customer service-focused and a passion to work in a fast-paced news environment.
Excellent news judgment with creative and strategic approach to pitching.
Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time