Amtrak Senior Continuous Improvement Manager - 90207280 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Facilitate and lead Continuous Improvement, Lean Six Sigma and Lean Enterprise projects, initiatives and teams, primarily within the support functions. Working indirectly for and collaboratively with business and functional leaders, motivate and drive change in the form of LEAN and continuous improvement teams and projects throughout the organization. Be a motivator, change agent, and a continuous improvement tool expert and technique practitioner who can lead and motivate cross-functional continuous improvement projects to successful completion, delivering measurable cost savings, revenue increases or cost avoidances in line with stated goals. Work with assigned business or functional leaders and their representatives to create the continuous improvement strategy for the respective function including continuous improvement projects, green belt strategy with required number of active green belts, and requests to corporate continuous improvement resources for assistance to drive continuous improvement. Coach and mentor others to do the same including green belts and sponsors within functional areas. Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement, including identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities. Develop and deploy Continuous Improvement and Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools across the organization. Provide consultation on the use of Lean and Six Sigma techniques to improve process performance, service and product quality. Assess projects and analyze risks and costs and make related recommendations. Lead programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on delivery from design to final deliverable. Plan, prioritize, direct and support business line or functional project schedules, resource plans, and budgets. Reports directly to the Senior Director Continuous Improvement (under the SVP Operations structure).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Proficiency in applying strategy, methods, metrics, and tools associated with Continuous Improvement; inclusive of Lean tools and Six Sigma as well as other appropriate tools such as Theory of Constraints.
• Utilization of diagnostic, design, and execution skills.
• Lead creation of continuous improvement strategy for areas of responsibility.
• Excellent coaching, consultative, communication and presentation skills.
• Bias towards action and results. Driven to succeed and deliver desired results.
• Ability to prioritize multiple objectives and priorities within tight deadlines.
• Strong project management skills and ability to lead complex projects to positive results for safety, customer service and financials.
• Proven ability to diagnose root cause problems, reach solid conclusions, develop implementable solutions, articulate ideas crisply and concisely, and build consensus across the organization.
• Ability to facilitate change and motivate colleagues to practice continuous improvement and waste elimination.
• Ability to interact with and relate to all levels of the organization. Exemplifies a collaborative and collegial style.
• Adept at building harmonious relationships across a diverse workforce, while delivering results.
• Must command respect of fellow colleagues and possess absolute integrity.
• Passion for the safety of themselves and for others.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Full understanding of a variety of Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, and Kaizen philosophies and the ability to explain and utilize core concepts statistical methods with proficiency.
• Demonstrated experience facilitating and leading continuous improvement teams in a "for Profit" business, preferably a railroad, other transportation or hospitality type company or manufacturing environment. Demonstrated experience as a project manager, manager or senior manager.
• Proven track record managing complex continuous improvement projects.
• Past experience creating a continuous improvement strategy for an organization, business unit, or equivalent.
• Formal training/certification in Lean or Six Sigma to have built expert knowledge of continuous improvement (examples include black belt, green belt with additional experience, Theory of Constraints certification, Lean certification, etc.).
• Ability to manage projects and people.
• Ability to set goals, prioritize projects and execute continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
• Ability to develop and report on project progress and to develop and present results to senior staff at Amtrak in the form of PowerPoint presentations. Must be proficient at Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint and the basic tools of Continuous Improvement and LEAN Six Sigma.
• Strong communication skills both orally and written.
• Team player.
• Knowledge and experience with manufacturing and operations based safety rules and procedures, preferably in a rail operating environment.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Prior experience with continuous improvement on front end or support function processes as well as direct operational processes
• Knowledge and experience of freight or passenger railroad operations
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Master’s degree in applicable field.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 25041
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC06
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || Corporate