Human Rights Campaign Receptionist/Security in Washington, District Of Columbia
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Receptionist/Security is responsible for greeting visitors and employees, managing and controlling access to the facility, and using exceptional observation and decision-making skills to protect the building and its occupants. The Receptionist/Security must monitor visitor and service provider activity and detect and report suspicious behavior and known hazards. The Receptionist/Security must possess an understanding of office technology and software, as well as physical strength and the mental clarity to handle emergency situations.
- Provide hospitality and customer service to visitors, tenants, and HRC staff;
- Manage and direct all incoming calls to the organization;
- Maintain organizational and building directory of contacts to include reception and hospitality information;
- Manage the general voice mail box including office closure messages;
- Maintain a level of building security as well as monitoring the security cameras and filing the proper incident reports;
- Assist with the mail security regarding suspicious packages that arrive in the mail or delivery service and also filing the proper incident report;
- Oversee the distribution and collection of temporary ID cards and daily monitor the accurate tracking of the cards; along with periodically taking audits of the cards and notifying the security team on results of audit;
- Schedule and confirm meetings in the Equality Center; track and report on usage of meeting space and beverages; post the daily schedule.
- Record daily notes regarding all reception activities to include but not limited to: weather conditions; information or the witness of any known accidents or injuries; unusual requests or visitors; admittance of vendors or delivery personnel;
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the reception and lobby areas including the updating of visitor reference information, HRC publications and news clips;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Position may be called upon to assist the Operations team in managing projects and events, some of which happen during evening or weekend hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Training and/or experience in office security procedures are required.
- Ability to bend, squat and to lift 30 pounds
- Flexibility to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- One to three years’ experience in an office environment. Position requires experience and knowledge of using telephone switchboard operations and equipment and a history of reception, customer service or retail work.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, and professionalism in regards to professional appearance, demeanor, attitude and judgment are essential.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday (7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Tracking Code: 181-928
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular