Amtrak Manager On Board Services - 90033953 - Washington in Washington, District Of Columbia
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The position provides field management and oversight of all aspects of on-train service delivery in the division with specific responsibility for a designated group of on-board personnel. This position will also be responsible for responding to and addressing customer needs and issues both in a face-to-face interaction as well as formal correspondences. Support and provide efficient management and oversight for on-board and extra board related to budgets, staffing, payroll, a variety of support services, such as uniforms, hotels, taxis, etc., that maximize the provision of passengers and achieve financial and service delivery goals.
• Oversee and direct on-board service operations conducted through an assigned area of the division to provide the highest level of passenger satisfaction and achieve optimum customer satisfaction.
• Manage and monitor processes related to passenger interaction and entraining/detraining to ensure safe and satisfied passengers and employees and achieve on-time performance standard levels.
• Encourage and enforce staff compliance with corporate policies and procedures relative to customer service and recovery, accounting procedures, safety, security and environmental protection requirements, as well as uniform and grooming standards.
• Adhere to headcount standards, training, measuring and improving performance, counseling and appropriately assess discipline and reward on-board service employees in compliance with corporate standards and labor agreements.
• Serve as a liaison with Customer Service, Mechanical, Material Control and other departments, as necessary and where appropriate to coordinate and resolve service issues, including train delays, equipment and mechanical issues and service disruptions to assure passenger accommodation and crew availability.
• Ensure implementation of proactive service recovery procedures designed to minimize passenger inconvenience.
• Manage and oversee on-board employees and/or station service remittance audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and to protect revenue.
• Promote and encourage productive and professional relationships with labor organizations to support corporate goals for financial support and service delivery.
• Responsible for the implementation of the department’s safety plans, with specific goals and objectives to reduce injuries.
• Ensure compliance of Amtrak, local, state and federal mandates policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or the equivalent.
• Significant management experience with passenger handling and service delivery.
• Significant management experience with on-board service, crew base and crew management operations.
• Significant experience leading and managing others with varying levels of expertise, exhibiting innovative leadership ad management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a departmental operating budget.
• Prior satisfactory work experience and proven leadership skills
• Extensive computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheets, data base, presentations and word processing software related to field.
• Ability to communicate both orally and written to work effectively with various agencies, departments and individuals throughout the organization with both internal and external customers.
• Must possess a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and applicable Amtrak labor agreements pertaining to on-board employees and operations.
• Must have knowledge of safety programs
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Able to monitor employee performance
• Able to create reports to illustrate job performance
• Prior work experience in dealing with various unions
• Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment requiring quick thinking, tight time constraints, changing priorities and ability to solve problems.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of two (2) years experience with on-board service operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transportation or related field.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
Requisition ID: 24985
Posting Location(s): District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Personnel Area: DC02
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements: 3 - 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || On Board and Station Services