Dixon Assembler/Tester in WARWICK, Rhode Island
Dixon Valve, founded in 1916, is a global hose fitting and accessory manufacturer with distribution centers around the world. With a long history as a valued partner in the industrial distribution network, Dixon looks to the future to innovate and design solutions for a variety of markets, from oil and gas to food and beverage. Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
We have invested heavily in robotics, automation and cutting edge software to keep us competitive in the global market place. We have a long history of re-investing in our company -- be it the latest machine tools, training programs or additional personnel, which has positioned us well for the future.
Dixon prides itself on having the best and brightest employees who are focused on delighting our customers and committed to a culture of respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, caring, fairness and citizenship. We continually look for ways to encourage our employees to learn and grow in the organization by providing opportunities for continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
Dixon's U.S. headquarters is located in Chestertown, MD on the eastern shore and employs over 1,600 employees around the world.
At Dixon, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nation’s heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Dixon Valve is looking for an Assembler/Tester to join its manufacturing team in Warwick, RI. Three to five years of previous testing and assembly experience is required. Dixon Eagle specializes in the design, manufacture and testing of bellows seal gate and globe valves used to help eliminate fugitive emissions of toxic or regulated fluids in process plants including steam, cryogenic, heat transfer oil and vacuum systems.
The Assembly/Tester person will work as a member of the manufacturing team to manufacture high quality equipment to customer and industry specifications.
Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Learn to identify required testing and assembly operations from written instructions and drawing packages
- Set up and operate valve test stand
- Clean and paint final assembly
- Detect faulty assemblies and repair or replace defective componenets
- Ship and receive parts and finished assemblies including inventory control
- Some pickup and delivery of parts to local vendors
- Ability to consistently and timely do repetitive action for duration of shift
- Ability to work from prints and sketches
- Flexibility and dexterity with fingers and hands for manipulation of parts and components
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to use hand tools
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use basic mathematics specifically addition and subtraction
- Ability to lift or manipulate large components (50 lbs+) as required
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Employment at DVCC, Inc. is contingent upon the candidate's ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screening and physical capabilities test if applicable.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status and any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better
3-5 years:Previous experience working in assembly and testing
Posted: October 03, 2016