RK Mechanical Warehouse Distribution Manager in United States
Warehouse Distribution Manager
Summary of Duties
Responsible for the management of the Xanthia based Logistics and Warehousing function consisting of the tool shop, material warehouse, premises and fleet. Through solid management of people, process and operations, ensures internal customer satisfaction.
· Manage day to day warehouse and logistics operations including hiring, developing and managing the staff
Develop daily task/job lists, setappropriate expectations and ensure they are completed.
Ensure team members are meetingdaily objectives such as orders are filled and completed within the timerequirements executed.
ToolShop, Warehousing, Site Management:
Create policies and procedures forwarehousing and logistics activities.
Train staff in roles andresponsibilities.
Maintain metrics, reports, processdocumentation, operational logs and safety records.
Problem resolution regardingwarehousing, tool shop, fleet and shipping operations.
Direct tool shop, receiving andshipping operations to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy,and timeliness objectives.
Collaborate with other businessfunctions to ensure customer requirements and productivity is achieved.
Manage layout of warehouse and siteto ensure efficient and effective use of space.
Adherence to all warehousing, toolshop, and job related health and safety regulations.
Manage stock to ensure optimalavailability of material and tools without compromising on excessivestock.
Plan work, assign tasksappropriately and appraise results.
Monitor quality of servicesprovided.
Maintain an organized workenvironment.
Control documentation of all activities.
Control communication to field andshops on order status.
Manage the receiving of inventory.
Control equipment maintenance andrepairs as required.
Work with job sites on toolinventory management.
Schedule of toolinventories/audits.
Manage job closings / reconciledlost equipment prior to close out.
Manage the Inspection process andensure all equipment is in safe and proper operating conditions prior toassigning/shipping to a site.
Manage fleet operations and safetyof the fleet.
Manage the fleet maintenanceprogram.
Manage fleet GPS system/reporting.
Manage fleet lease/ renewals/purchases/ sales of retired vehicles.
Manage fleet registrations andinsurance.
Complete insurance claims andcoordinate auto body repairs.
· Indirect supervision.
· Fully competent in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area.
· Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/modification of standards.
· Devises new solutions to problems encountered.
· Independently performs most assignments with instruction
· Receives guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisor approval for changes in standards.
· College/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
· 3years’ experience managing tool or parts shop/rental facility
· 1years’ experience fleet management
· Demonstrated success in leading and developing a team
· Any Viewpoint software experience a plus
· Ability to lift and carry 36 to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or 22 to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 11 to 15 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to climb up and down andmaintain balance on stairs, ladders and scaffolds while carrying tools andequipment.
Ability to see (naturally or withcorrection).
Ability to balance, kneel, squat,crouch, bend, lean, stand, walk, climb, dig, backfill and compact.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law