RK Mechanical Sr. Database / Application Engineer in United States
Sr. Database / Application Engineer
Summary of Duties
Provides business unit applications support and database management across a diverse spectrum of services including HR, Accounting, Supply Chain, Finance, Manufacturing, MRP, ERP, Sales, Service, etc.
Participates as a member of an effective team, supporting team members to attain goals and provide world class service. Directly manages systems and resources in a given area of expertise to ensure uptime, functionality, and service level. Solves organizations information challenges by analyzing requirements, designing solutions, and recommending system controls and protocols.
· Responsible for application support, development and deployment of enterprise applications and databases.
· Responsible for business relationships, application performance, and the identification and delivery of new and existing application services to meet the business users known and emerging needs.
· Ensures proper functioning of the organization's information systems, recommends, plans, and executes upgrades as necessary.
· Consults with unit leadership and users to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, challenges, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
· Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to implement new systems and/or operational changes.
· Provides references for users by writing and/or maintaining standard operating procedure documentation; providing escalated help desk support; training users.
· Collects and translates data into actionable insights for improved efficiency using a variety of systems and methods.
· Balances technology and business issues as well as communicates appropriately with both technology and business experts.
· Provide technical support for corporate applications systems (HR, Finance, MRP, ERP, Sales, etc.)
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
· College/University graduate with 5+ years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
· 3+ years’ of DBA experience of Microsoft SQL Server with SQL Query, Stored Process, MSSQL, SSRS, and Crystal Reports.
· 3+ years’ experience ETL experience with integrating data between systems.
· 3+ years’ experience of application support for HRIS, ERP, Finance, MRP, and Sales CRM business processes and systems.
· 3+ years’ experience complex query writing in SQL based systems.
· Strong ability to gather, analyze, and report data from multiple sources.
· Proven ability to collaborate to produce results and work well in team situations.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.