Arvest Special Assets Coordinator in United States
*SUMMARY: *The Special Assets Coordinator deals primarily with small commercial (under $500,000) special assets involved in the legal collections process. A high level of communication between outside business contacts in other professions occurs on a daily basis. Knowledge of the legal system, repossession requirements, foreclosure process, probate process, FDCPA, GLBA, and FACTA are essential in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess problem loans and negotiate courses of action with borrowers, including arrangements to restructure credit and repayment terms and ensure appropriate collateral on assigned credits.
- Work closely with Local Bank lending staff to maximize the recovery of funds on collection accounts.
- Oversee liquidation process of business assets and real estate. Compile relevant market data for making asset liquidation determinations.
- Answer questions by phone or in person pertaining to special asset and/or work out loans.
- Assist the ORE department with the servicing of ORE Property.
- Work closely with the bank attorney concerning repossessions, bankruptcy and other related litigation issues. Serve as a representative for bankruptcy hearings and small claims court.
- Stay informed of lending trends relating to credit/loan policies and trade area.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree or equivalent related experience required.
- 2 years previous lending and/or collection related experience with emphasis in evaluation/origination of complex credits required.
- Current SAFE Act Registration or the ability to be registered within 30 days required.
- Previous legal/negotiation experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division, or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Organization
As a provider of financial services, our #1 focus is our customers. We are people helping people find financial solutions for life. That is our culture - that is who we are as an organization.
As an employer, our #1 focus is our associates. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and an engaging work environment driven by the desire to serve our customers and communities.
With over 315 locations in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas, we offer a variety of jobs. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Arvest has the opportunity for you.
Arvest is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Special Assets Coordinator
Location: Position can be located in North Central Arkansas, Joplin, MO or Springfield, MO.; Flexible City (2 States)
Grade: 14 SSMET
Accepting applications through: October 23, 2016
Details: Position is Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
Preferred Qualifications: See Below
Category: Special Assets