RK Mechanical Safety Superintendent - Steel in United States
Safety Superintendent - Steel
Summary of Duties
Instill the RK safety culture into all employees. Develop and carry out a continuing safety program. Train, coach and mentor all employees of safety.
· Provide adequate supervision to assure that our employees are aware of, and comply with, applicable safety rules, regulations and work practices and procedures.
· Take necessary steps to promote safety and health on job sites.
· Eliminate safety and health hazards.
· Conduct continual safety inspections on all assigned projects.
· Initiate action to eliminate hazards or potential hazards.
· Recommends installations of safety guards, safe working practices and use of personal safety equipment.
· Perform substance abuse testing, as requested.
· Present Health & Safety 4 hour presentation at new hire orientation.
· Investigates all accidents and maintains complete accident statistics.
· Responsible for education of employees in all safety matters.
· Ensure that there is accurate record keeping with regulatory agencies.
· Ability to confront people who are not working safely.
· Develop new safety standards as required.
· Claims management and clinic visits, as required.
· Independent site specific training plans.
· Investigate fraud claims.
· Assist subcontractors and vendors for compliance on projects.
· Subpart R Training/Knowledge
. Indirect supervision.
· Requires the use of advanced techniques and knowledge within his/her function.
· Applies diversified knowledge of applicable principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments.
· Makes decisions independently regarding complexities and methods.
· Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
· Liaison to groups within and outside of his/her organization with responsibility to act independently regarding matters pertaining to his/her function.
· College/University graduate with 7 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law