Samson Rope Regional Sales Manager - APAC Region in United States
Samson, the worldwide leader in performance cordage, is recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager - APAC regionto join our team.This position will be located in Singapore.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) acts as Samson’s primary field representative to end users, distributor/partners, industry associations and technical organizations. The RSM is responsible for creating profitable revenue growth by managing complex technical sales projects with short and long life-cycles, within the scope of the Samson strategy and within a team environment. Practice a high level of business ethics, quality, professionalism, and safety in all activities in accordance with Samson strategy and core values.
Samson has an unwavering commitment to research, development, and offering the Samson Advantage - a commitment to field engineering and pre-and after-sale support services that include residual strength testing, customer-specific operating manuals, field inspections, and training. The cumulative result is twofold: stronger and more durable products, and a knowledgeable customer base that truly understands the requirements, demands, and needs of its industry. Samson’s products are used throughout the world in a variety of applications. From offshore lifting to recreational sailing, commercial fishing to arborist, as well as mining, aerospace, rescue, military and more; customers benefit from a full line of synthetic ropes built to excel in demanding environments.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include:
- Present, sell, and attain maximum net income from company products and services to current and potential customers in accordance with company strategy, value propositions and competitive advantage,
- Experience in setting & reaching forecasted revenue target.
- Manage distribution channels, independent manufacturer’s representatives, and other methods to market for the maximum benefit of Samson and the end-user.
- Ensures the proper representation and recognition of the Samson brand to the ultimate end-user and manages and educates distribution towards this end.
- Provide strategic direction for internal development projects.
- Provide technical and sales support to other sales staff for projects and customers in a team environment.
- Act as company representative to technical and industry associations and certifying bodies.
- Responsible for all field sales activities in an assigned geographic territory and market or sales division.
- Develop and achieve short and long term sales goals for the Company’s products in the assigned territories and markets.
- Make necessary field trips, contact customers, distribution and end-users; attend conventions and exhibitions as required to promote the sale of products in the assigned areas.
- Work with other field sales managers from other territories or divisions within the company in a team environment to achieve maximum results for the Company as a whole.
- Network with fellow division sales managers on customer contacts and application assistance as required within assigned areas.
- Communicate regularly with Customer Service and other teams within the company relevant customer, market, order and product information including.
- Be technically knowledgeable and competent of applications within area of responsibility and provide consultation and technical solutions to customer end-user application problems. This includes splicing, terminations, chafe protection, fiber types, rope construction, etc.
- Be knowledgeable and conversant in all pertinent Samson literature and technical bulletins relevant to market and category.
- Create various sales reports to management (call reports with action items, travel schedules, expense reports, etc.). Communicate market information to sales management; e.g. information on competition, customer market changes.
- Prepare market and customer sales forecast by product as required.
Experience and Skills:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in a business or relevant technical field; 7+years of relevant work experience in Sales may substitute for degree.
Required: Minimum of 5 years previous sales and/or technical experience with emphasis on profitable growth and strategic value-based selling
Desired: Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, such as Salesforce
3.Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Excellent technical training skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions clearly.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills to persuade and influence.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization as required by the position and to work well with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service to both colleagues and customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with a strong attention to detail.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs.
- Creative problem solving, with the ability to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to travel 40% to 60% of the time. Must maintain a valid passport.
- Travel requires visits to physically demanding field sites such as on board ships at sea, construction sites, mining sites, etc.
Samson offers a highly competitive base salary, bonus package, and benefits. Benefits include:
Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick), 10 Paid Holidays, retirement plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Excellent Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for employee and family, Wellness Program, and others.
Job Tracking ID: 512776-547656
Job Level: Management
Level of Education: BA/BS
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 07, 2016
Years of Experience: 5 - 7 Years
Starting Date: December 6, 2016