Colony Brands Production Artist Internship in United States
Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Production Artist Internship will begin in January and end in May 2017.
What You’ll Do & Learn
Your work will center on utilizing InDesign to build print documents and revise electronic art documents. In addition, you’ll be responsible for:
- Composing “shells” that contain pickup product shots and copy, and new product templates for Art Directors and Copywriters
- Analyzing documents for graphic appearance, accuracy and neatness before submitting for approval to Production Manager
- Revising documents and cleaning files according to Database and Brand graphic standards
What it Takes
We need a motivated individual with exceptional design creativity and the ability to communicate as well verbally as you do visually. Ideally, you will be pursuing a 2 or 4 year degree in Commercial Art, Graphic Design or related field. In addition, our internship applicants must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Be proficient in InDesign (Photoshop & Illustrator are a plus)
- Have ability to complete a high volume of production tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Be detail-oriented
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Paid Opportunities—We offer a competitive salary. Our 2016 interns averaged $3,500/month!
Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 40% off.
Four-Day Work Weeks—We all need a little down time and during the summer months, our interns enjoy a few four-day work weeks.
Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
R. Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.