Retail Brand Alliance, Inc Product Development Manager in United States
Product Development Manager
Job Type:Full Time
Apply To This Job
Return To List
The jewelry division of Brooks Brothers Group, Inc. manages a portfolio of prestige brands which include Carolee, Alexis Bittar, Lauren, Chaps, ABS by Allen Schwartz, Trina Turk and French Connection.
The diversity of our Product Development department has recently created an opportunity for a new Product Development Manager in our Brooklyn, NY office. Please note that the office is currently in Dumbo but will be relocating to Industry City (Brooklyn) within a few months.
Manage the sourcing strategy, vendor relationships and production. Execute development activities and liaise between the internal team and vendors. Responsible for all costing related functions. Responsible for calendar adherence and meeting IMU targets. Maintain vendor matrix.
Ensure smooth operations by communicating between vendors and factories, monitoring tech packs, tracking samples, maintaining order entries quality product.
Communicate all target costs and negotiate pricing with overseas offices.
Daily communication with overseas vendors to ensure production and “time and action” plans are followed up on a daily basis.
Update and Review all design and production art to proactively identify and implement development with allocated vendors.
Lead sample review sessions - evaluate proto samples against design spec sheets, communicate changes/updates to vendors.
Work closely with the QC department to ensure all products meet quality and safety standards
Responsible for on-time delivery of samples
Create pre/post market prep work
Maintain internal systems (SAP)
Manage set-up of Image line list
Ideal Candidates Should Possess
• 3-5 years experience in product development
• Bachelors degree (preferably in Product Development, Sourcing)
• Ability to successfully collaborate with internal partners
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
• Strong written communication skills
• Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to influence
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with multiple levels within a large organization
• Exhibits high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy
• Result-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
• Curious about complex issues or opportunities - ability to view things in new ways or from a different perspective
The Brooks Brothers culture is rooted in our values of relationships, innovation, history, fairness and celebration and our vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination for ladies and gentleman for every generation. We are proud to offer our Associates a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Additionally, Brooks Brothers offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
We invite you to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
The Talent Acquisition Team of Brooks Brothers
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to a healthy and safe workplace for all.
Apply To This Job