RK Mechanical Plumbing Service Tech in United States
Plumbing Service Tech
Summary of Duties
The Plumbing Technician position is responsible for performing a wide range of plumbing activities for industrial and commercial clients.
· Perform unsupervised plumbing and hydronic activities, effective customer communication, diagnoses and repair of all industrial and commercial systems; to include plumbing and hydronic piping, water heaters, boilers and pumps.
· Perform planned maintenance tasks as prescribed.
· Perform equipment start up with associated documentation.
· Perform quality control inspections on RK Mechanical Service work.
· Technical trouble shooting and diagnostics when needed.
· Guide field staff in properly completing specializedforms required, and assist in providing paperwork to the necessary departments.
· Carryout owner training as required.
· Daily coordination with the Customer Servicesdepartment.
· Make a service related decision in a timely manner that is in the best interest of the company.
· Follow up on callbacks and completion of jobs.
· Call for inspection when asked or job requires, meet with inspectors, and make sure job passes all required inspections.
· Assist in the training of RK Mechanical Service technicians.
· Assist in pricing with Account Managers or Service Writer when required.
· Develop lead referrals resulting from service activities for the Sales Department or Service Writer.
· Guide field staff in the execution of any or all of the tasks listed above.
· Any other reasonable task as requested.
· Indirect supervision.
· Performs technical responsibilities.
· Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
· Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
· Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
· Skilled specialist or recent college/university graduate.
· Role specific skills and experience required.
· Service Technician Plumbing Level 1 must have a minimum of 10 years of previous experience and a State of Colorado Master Plumbers license or a municipal Steam and Hot Water Supervisors License.
· Service Technician Plumbing Level 2 must have a minimum of 5 years of previous experience and must have a State of Colorado Journeyman Plumbers license.
· Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations.
· Supervision and guidance of crews.
· Must have State of Colorado Journeyman Plumbers or Master Plumbers license.
· Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
· Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
· Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
· Work in all types of weather.
· Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
· Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law