RK Mechanical Pipe Shop Welder in United States
Pipe Shop Welder
Summary of Duties
Perform trade specific quality work consistent with CAD/FAB and Energy procedures to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
· Operate trade specific machinery.
· Must be able to read and understand labels, and the ability to pick the proper machine as well as sequence of operation required to form raw materials.
· Interpret job orders and drawings as needed for area of assignment.
· Layout and fabrication of hand makes.
· Inspects and documents product compliance
· Handle materials.
· Working knowledge of capacities of equipment.
· Maintains time records accurately.
· Work closely with other fabricators and labors to improve their skills.
· Maintenance of equipment.
· Assist shop superintendent in the training of new employees.
· Assist shop superintendent with production tracking.
· Work with shop foreman to insure production goals are met.
· Communicate status of orders to the shop superintendent.
· Perform other assignments as directed by shop superintendent.
· Receives direct supervision.
· Performs technical responsibilities.
· Contributes to the development and improvement of concepts, techniques and procedures.
· Coordinates own tasks with a specific range of responsibilities under established procedures.
· Contributes to a team under general supervision of an experienced professional or manager.
· Skilled specialist.
· Role specific skills and experience required.
· Requires judgment or initiative in resolving issues and making recommendations.
· Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
· Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
· Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
· Work in all types of weather.
· Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
· Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law