DGA Security Systems Frontend UI/UX Developer in United States
Electronic security is changing faster than ever before with application development needed in emerging technologies such as video analytics, access control integration, personal emergency monitoring, signal transmission and IP/telephony integration. This is your chance to create such applications, especially on mobile platforms, that are at the very forefront of an industry in transition. You will sharpen your skills, learn new things and help develop the next generation of application development in an industry that is consistently growing, while maintaining a good work/life balance.
- Work directly with our designers and back-end developers to continuously improve our web app.
- Proactively optimize client code to ensure stability and high performance.
- Iterate quickly based on user feedback.
- You could be working at any level of the stack, but you’re passionate about front-end development.
- You have in-depth experience with a framework like Backbone.js, AngularJS, or React.
- You strive to write code that lasts for years, not months.
- You prefer profiling, analyzing heap snapshots, and refactoring code into modular chunks to tweaking CSS.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- You'd like to work from our awesome office in lower Manhattan, where our web team are co-located.
- Work with the team to develop and improve our browser and mobile offerings
- Document software as it is developed
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and new developments
- Share knowledge with other team members
- Work within an Agile environment while maintaining Enterprise level quality
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience doing UI/UX
- Capable of working on any part of the stack, but your passion is the frontend
- Experienced with AngularJS, React, Bootstrap and/or other front end framework
- Devoted to code that others enjoy reading and can easily be maintained for years to come
- Champion Responsive & Adaptive Design using Complied CSS (e.g. Sass, or Less)
- Believe that the job is not done until the Automated Frontend Tests are written
- Will dive into heap snapshots and refactoring code until the application flies
- Fast learner with excellent problem solving skills
- Enjoy working with other developers devoted to elegant code and good design
Location: DGA Security Systems, Inc.
Job Code: 414
# of Openings: 1