RK Mechanical Forklift Operator in United States
Summary of Duties
Coordinate off-loading with crafts and quality control for controlled materials. Place materials in proper area according to storage and handling lists to initiate storage. Change forms and document new location when necessary. Load, unload and move material within or near warehouse or worksite. Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand or fork lift.
· Inspect and maintain storage yards and warehouses for cleanliness, etc. and report problems to supervisor.
· Issue material by field requisition, locate and distribute material as directed by craft foreman and direct supervisor.
· Insure documentation is complete and accurate.
- Convey materials to or from storageor worksites to designated areas, using hand truck or power device.
· Locate and prepare materials for outbound shipment and notify supervisor when shipment is ready.
· Load and unload materials within warehouse or storage facility.
· Utilize hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors or other handling equipment to move material.
· Coordinate and perform shipment loading and complete required paperwork.
· May assist in training new material handling personnel and provide assistance to other employees.
· Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s request.
· May require delivering material to jobsites as needed; acceptable Motor Vehicle Report required for this task.
4+ years' experience operating a forklift
Experience moving heavy raw materials, such as pipe and steel
Experience operating heavy equipment in a yard/warehouse environment
· Work outside, inside, and in dusty, noisy and hazardous areas.
· Work in high places, tight places, confined spaces and/or other adverse locations.
· Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch.
· Work in all types of weather.
· Must have working knowledge of all trade materials and tools.
· Ability to lift and carry 51 to 75 lbs. occasionally, and/or 31 to 45 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 16 to 22 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
RK Mechanical, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law