Colony Brands Food Manufacturing/Engineering Internship in United States
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Food Operations/Engineering Internship will begin in January and end in May of 2017.
What You’ll Do & Learn
You will complete a variety of assignments per the direction of bakery management and assist in the coordination of various operations initiatives covering all aspects of the operations. Activities may include production supervision, DATEX, Inventory Management, Cycle Counting, CI Projects, yield studies, training, production dashboards/metrics, BSOP's, engineered standards, etc. In addition, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting bakery production activities to ensure efficient operation
- Ensuring Global Food Safety Initiatives are being followed
- Coordinating proper usage of DATEX WMS
- Participating in Continuous Improvement activities
- Taking on selected supervisory responsibilities
What It Takes
We’re seeking a student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Production/Operations Management, Engineering, or related major, in at least Junior Senior standing, (recent graduates may be considered) with a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher. To be considered, applicants must also possess the following skills:
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate at different levels and to different personality types
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in MS Word and Excel
- Paid Opportunities - 2016 interns averaged $3,500/ month!
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 40% off.
- Four-Day Work Weeks—We all need a little down time and during the summer months, our interns enjoy a few four-day work weeks.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offere3d Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round. Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.