Office of the Chief Financial Officer Financial Management Analyst in United States
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Few vacancies in the following location:
- GSA - US Locations, United States
Work Schedule is Full-time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (10 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (1 day(s) away)
About the Agency
IMPORTANT: Unless you are a GSA or Land Management employee as described in the Who May Applysection your application will not be considered. Do not apply to this announcement.
This position is NOT virtual. This position will be located in the regional location where the selectee is currently located.
As a Financial Management Specialist, you will be responsible for serve a technical expert for Pegasys. You will also provide financial management guidance; policy interpretation and application; auditing and accounting guidance, and financial tracking and monitoring for regional PBS buildings operations and maintenance, new construction, repair and alteration, rental of space and/or reimbursable services.
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.) GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including: Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans); Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from; Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs; Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan); Flexible work schedules and telework; Transit and child care subsidies; and Training and development.
At this time we are only filling one vacancy, however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
As a Financial Management Specialist, your duties will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Provide financial management guidance; policy interpretation and application; auditing and accounting guidance and financial tracking monitoring for regional buildings operations and maintenance, new constriction repair and alternation, rental of space and/or reimbursable services (Budget activities of on or more of the following: 51, 53, 54, 55, 61, 80)
- Serve as the regional expert on complex issues and reporting related to financial management, accounting and systems.
- Serve as regional coordinator of the agency's financial management system (Pegasys)
- Analyze and assesses the effectiveness and management of Pegasys and related programs, processes, projects and other systems to ensure optimal funds management through efficient data entry and data management
- Serve as a technical advisor and liaison for all Pegasys program activities, including special projects directly assigned through the Central Office, obtaining appropriate resources and/or personnel to accomplish designated integrated funding, management and systemic objectives
- Champion the subsystems in Pegasys for the region (e.g., recurring, non-recurring, reimbursables)
- Train or arrange for Pegasys training to regional staff and management and coordinates national efforts as applicable
- Lead the efforts from the Finance team and ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of financial data entry, reviews of obligations and payments and technical assistance on various financial and systems related issues (auditing function)
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required
- U.S. Citzenship or National
- Meet all eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date.
- Meet time-in-grade requirements within 30 days of closing date
- Direct Deposit of salary check to financial organization required
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must have registered with the Selective Service
- See Conditions of Employment section for more requirements
NOTE: Qualifications are based on length and level of experience. Therefore, in addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours per week if part time. Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $84,443 per year, but will be determined by location.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. To qualify, you must demonstrate one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience providing expert analysis and advice for financial management systems. Examples of qualifying experience include:
- developing guidelines and providing guidance to others regarding financial management systems;
- plan, execute, and make authoritative decisions on major financial management system projects;
- applying financial management principles, theories, concepts, practices, and techniques in order to analyze data, and identify trends for management decision-making;
- applying qualitative and/or quantitative methods or techniques for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the HR Office. Failure to disclose this information could result in disciplinary action including removal from Federal Service.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive favorable adjudication. This position has been designated as a Public Trust Position.
- Non-GSA employees must complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 to determine identity and employment (work status) eligibility. GSA will verify the information through the DHS e-Verify automated system. Any identified discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, and obtain approval that no conflict or an appearance of conflict exists between your financial interest and this position.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After the closing date/deadline:
- ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant eligibility and qualifications are reviewed.
- REFERRAL TO MANAGEMENT: Eligible/Qualified applicants are referred to management for review and possible interview.
- SELECTION/TENTATIVE JOB OFFER: If a selection is made, a Tentative Offer is extended to the selectee and suitability and/or security background investigation is conducted.
- FINAL JOB OFFER: A final job offer is made (typically within 40 days after the closing date/deadline for applications).
- FINAL COMMUNICATION TO APPLICANTS: Once the position is filled, we will notify all applicants of their final status. You may check your status by logging into USAJOBS. Go to My USAJOBS and then to Applications. Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!
Review our benefits
- Bargaining Unit status: Varies by location (AFGE or NFFE)
- GSA does not accept applications or application materials submitted with Government-paid postage.
- Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
- Relocation expenses are* not* authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
- Travel expenses associated with pre-employment interviews maybe**authorized for this position and will be paid by the General Services Administration as allowed by regulation. Determinations to authorize such expenses will be made on a case-by-case basis and subject to funding availability.
Salary Range: $84,443.00 to $130,325.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0501-13/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: No
Control Number: 453551000
Job Announcement Number: 1712002CLMP