Penn Power Group Field Employee Sigma 6 C in United States
Field Service Technician – Level C
Sigma Six Solutions is dedicated to delivering powerful reliability solutions. We have a passionate commitment to power reliability and why over 1000 companies partner with us to test, commission, and maintain their electrical power systems. They trust us to keep their power on. We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Field Service Employee, (Level C). You will troubleshoot, test, and inspect complex electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering. Major duties include management of projects with technical expertise, sales support, business development and expansion.
The essential job duties are:
- Assist other field personnel on field projects
- Perform tests and inspections on the following equipment:
- Low and medium voltage circuit breakers and switchboards
- Ground Systems o Ground Fault Systems
- Motor Control Centers
- Two-winding Transformers (through Medium Voltage)
- Thermographic Surveys
- Medium and High Voltage Cables (including a thorough understanding of IEEE-400 series)
- Simple Relay Systems
- Three-Winding Transformers and High Voltage Power Transformers
- Power metering
- Automatic Transfer Switches
- Perform complex relay calibration, use of load recording instrumentation, low and medium voltage switchgear testing through 15 kV class.
- Test and troubleshoot moderately complex electrical systems
- Provide written job proposals to clients, including estimates of man hours and expenses, development of scope and pricing.
- Respond promptly to emergency call-out procedure
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME and no experience- OR- Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and three year minimum same or similar work experience – OR - High school education or equivalent and four years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Basic computer skills including editing, formatting and templates using Microsoft Office, use of internet to research standards, products, and manufacturers.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA. Possess strong background and experience in all types of switchgear testing through the 15 kV class.
- Possess good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Competitive wage
- Comprehensive benefits including health insurance and 401(k)
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated
For more information about Sigma Six Solutions, please visit our website at www.sigmasixsolutions.com. EOE M/F/V/D, Please no phone calls.
Sigma Six Solutions, is a division of Penn Power Group, which is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Deanna Hunt at Dhunt@pennpowergroup.com or 215 335 0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.
Requisition Number: 16-0078
Post Date: 10/7/2016
Title: Field Employee Sigma 6 C
Number of Openings: 1