Colony Brands Cloud Engineering Internship in United States
Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Cloud Engineering Internship will begin in January and end in May 2017.
What You’ll Do & Learn
As a Cloud Engineering intern, you will troubleshoot in very complex distributed environments; including following stack traces back to code and coming up with a root cause. Working knowledge of web services environments, languages and formats is required. In addition, you will also:
- Work on projects migrating on-premise application to Cloud based solutions
- Develop scripting using configuration management tools (i.e. Chef, CloudFormation)
- Utilize Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools such as Auto Scaling Groups, Lamda, Elastic Load Balancers, etc.
What it Takes
We are currently looking for highly motivated students pursing a degree in Computer Science or related field. Ideally you will have robust working knowledge of networking, compute and storage technologies and familiarity of AWS Services (i.e., EC2, Network, ELB, S3IEBS, etc.) In addition, we are looking for:
- At least Junior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Proficiency in 2 or more of the following programming languages: C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar
- Familiar with development in both Linux and Windows
- Ability to manage administrative tasks; ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with many demands
- Paid Opportunities - 2016 interns averaged $3,500/ month!
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 40% off.
- Four-Day Work Weeks—We all need a little down time and during the summer months, our interns enjoy a few four-day work weeks.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.