Colony Brands Business Analyst Internship in United States
Colony Brands, Inc.is one of North America’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-commerce companies. We’ll celebrate 90 years of business this year, during this time our company has grown from a premier mail-order cheese company to include a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to kitchen appliances, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI.
The Business Analyst Internship will begin in January and end in August 2017.
What You’ll Do & Learn
As a Business Analyst intern, you will serve as a liaison between the business units and technology teams. Duties may include identifying, analyzing, and documenting business requirements and delivering work products throughout the project life cycle. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with interpreting customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Partnering with eliciting business requirements through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Communicating and collaborating proactively with internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed:
- Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document)
- Use Cases
- Process Workflows
What it Takes
We are currently looking for highly motivated students pursing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Info Systems, or Business Analysis. Ideally you will have the ability to work effectively with project teams and maintain cohesive working relationships that increase engagement and results from the team members. In addition, we are looking for:
- At least Junior Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
- Cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
- Ability to solve or coordinate resolution to problems independently, quickly and completely
- Perform needs analysis, planning and documentation on smaller projects
- Ability to manage administrative tasks; ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with many demands
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Paid Opportunities - 2016 interns averaged $3,500/ month!
- Employee Discounts—Our employee sales program offers employee discounts on items ordered from our fine catalogs and selected Outlet Store. Discounts range from 25% to 40% off.
- Four-Day Work Weeks—We all need a little down time and during the summer months, our interns enjoy a few four-day work weeks.
- Health Club Membership—Take advantage of a FREE membership at the local YMCAs with full membership reimbursements.
- Health Insurance—Interns are offered Medical/Dental/Vison Insurance
- Casual Dress Code—Colony Brands has a business casual environment. Jeans are allowed year-round.
- Performance Updates—We provide interns with useful feedback regarding their performance throughout their internship. A formal mid-performance appraisal and final appraisal will be given.
- Training—Colony Brands provides all interns with the necessary hands-on training to make their internship experience successful.
- R. Kubly Family Foundation—The foundation will pay for your graduate or professional schooling in return for a commitment to live and work in Monroe, WI after you graduate. Visit www.rkublyfamilyfoundation.org for more details.