Ally Financial Area Growth Leader (NYC Metro/Long Island, NJ, PA ) in United States
New Business Originations
Aug 24, 2016
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the Area Growth Leader's (AGL) primary responsibility is to prospect and conquest new accounts, prioritize and manage the opportunity "pipeline", and formulate and execute sales strategies. The AGL partners with Account Executives and Auto Finance matrix partners to capitalize on existing dealership relationships that have been cultivated in order to grow new accounts. The AGL will also act as an informal leader and mentor amongst the team..
Geographical responsibility is NYC Metro/Long Island, NJ, PA - Northeast. Significant travel will be required for this role, up to 80%. The position requires flexibility in work schedule, including evening hours and some weekends.
- Create leads and sell F & I product line to targeted goals; close sales by building rapport with key decision makers within target accounts, explaining corporate program and service capabilities, while effectively overcoming objections.
- Develop sales plan and effectively manage resources to maximize return on expenditures.
- Operate within the growth channel which encompasses all new and used car franchised dealerships within the United States except for General Motors franchises.
- Work collaboratively with Ally Insurance's account teams and all other Ally field personnel in identifying new customers, conquesting new business and strategically managing the sales opportunity pipeline.
- Successfully handoff closed accounts to Account Executive for servicing and income development activities.
- Maintain current knowledge about the competition, market threats and challenges, and communicate those concerns with organization and maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in training; remain active in the industry and in the respective area and trade associations.
- Develop new customers by identifying possibilities for product improvements and new products by following industry and market trends, and competitors.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Business related undergraduate degree is preferred as well as industry designations.
- Strong ability to develop business relationships with dealer principles and decision makers
- Proven success as an Account Executive
- Possess true "hunter-sales" mentality when prospecting and conquesting accounts
- Strong ability to influence relationships with matrix partners and peers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Well-developed business management, presentation and relationship selling skills
- High level of accountability and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to objectively manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to work with PC applications
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer service skills
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insuranceis a leading provider of automobile-related insurance, vehicle maintenance and reinsurance products, and services for automobile dealers and their customers. The business focuses on developing and maintaining robust and lasting relationships developed directly with our dealers. By partnering with them, we are best able to offer them comprehensive solutions for their business, and valuable products and services to consumers.
The business offers vehicle service and maintenance contracts, including our flagship, industry leading product, Ally Premier Protection which is available for new and used vehicles of virtually all makes and models, as well as other ancillary F-I products, such as our GAP and Tire - Wheel products. Ally Insurance also services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection, as well as provides training and consultative services to help their business' succeed.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6014
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Remote, Work From Home New Jersey, Work From Home New York, Work From Home Pennsylvania