Cymer, Inc. Eng 4, Field Service in China
Eng 4, Field Service
0005347 Requisition #
Provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems. Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources. Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites.
- Regularly provides assistance, guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to junior or less experienced field service engineers; may serve as site leader for customer.
- Maintains and manages an assigned installation equipment base. This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer.
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment.
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities.
- Provides service education to customer's service and operations staff.
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
- Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required.
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers.
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer's procedures and with supervisor's approval.
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff.
- Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data and take action based on effectively report problems though written and/or graphical representation of data (detailed Post-Mortem Chronological Abstracts, trending analysis, failure statistics, etc.).
- Advanced customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building.
- Expert level of technical knowledge of electronics.
- Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level.
- Ability to read and analyze complex opto-mechanical and electronic schematics.
- Must be able to successfully meet customer site access requirements such as: background checks, safety training, and cleanroom access (gowning and breathing apparatus).
- For regions - oral and written English language skills required.
Specialist in advanced technical or business skills. Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations. May have advanced degree (Master's, PhD). Minimum of ten (10) years of experience is required
- Requires an Associate's Degree with a technical emphasis and a minimum of ten (10) year's of field service engineering experience or a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field with eight (8) years of field service engineering experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment experience is preferred.
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
- Has performed multiple on-site installations and performed as lead on a Beta product release.
- Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol, and Computer Networking.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- Must be able to apply hand manipulation for hand controls, and perform grasping and wrist/forearm rotation.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- May be required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to use breathing apparatus.
- Schedule may vary considerably to include evenings and weekends as well as long hours based on business needs.
- May be assigned a compressed or alternate work schedule to meet customer needs.
- May be assigned an "on call" type work schedule and may be required to respond to customers with little or no advance notice.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.