Fairmont Marketing & Social Media Manager in Canada
Marketing and Social Media ManagerAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our Marketing professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offer in places of unrivalled presence. Showcase your creative flair and interpersonal skills as Manager, Marketing and Social Media, where you will grow our market share with exciting promotional campaigns that showcase our exceptional guest offerings.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
Ensure all communications adhere to the corporate and property brand standards
- Develop and implement a social media strategy that helps build positive online chatter and brand loyalty for the hotel on all social media platforms
- Develop customer acquisition, awareness and retention campaigns that engage customers through the use of newsletter, direct marketing, and all other opportunities.
- Monitor key social networks to identify competitor activity/consumer sentiment, and develop timely promotions based on these factors.
- Manage web content
- Maintain external marketing relationships
- Create synergy with other marketing relationships by attending conferences and other networking opportunities.
- Collaborate with Public Relations and Sales teams to deliver strategies that align with hotel-specific brand promotions and communications
- Utilize Web Analytics to analyze problems metrics and formulate tactics based on these results
- Assist with creation and administration of branded marketing programs
- Develop opportunities for sponsorship and partnerships that will enhance and support market exposure
- Monitor, develop and control distribution of hotel collateral and publications, adhering to brand standards
- Support and develop advertising material for all elements of the hotel and provide promotional activities in conjunction with key hotel management
- Ensure content/packages on Fairmont.com, including new landing pages deigned to bring visitors to their respective destinations are updated on a regular basis
- Coordinate email campaigns executed through the campaign team at Fairmont Corporate Office
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
Follow all safety policies
Other duties as assigned
An individual who is flexible, results-oriented, a decision-maker, positive, has the ability to handle multiple tasks, is self-motivated and has strong initiative.
Ability to understand and interpret financial data
Strong computer literacy, especially with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Proven ability to create partnerships within industry and community
Extensive marketing or public relations experience of at least 5 years
Extensive online and internet marketing experience of at least 3 years
Familiar with Google Analytics or other web analysis tools and metrics
Past experience purchasing online display advertising and coordination of online campaigns
Basic knowledge of HTML and SEO practices are considered an asset
Strong communication, problem solving and presentation skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
Must be already legally able to work in Canada.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
Frequent sitting throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Accessibility: Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Reasonable accommodations to the point of undue hardship are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-5091 or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 30.Oct.2016, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: RYH01482