USM, An EMCOR Company Facilities Maintenance Mechanic - Electrician in Twinsburg, Ohio
Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: -- Facilities Maintenance Mechanic - Electrician
Job Summary: --
Responsible for repair and maintenance of building related electrical, mechanical, BAS controls, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Performs preventive maintenance and tenant services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
Repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, air handling units, motors.
- Replace & install electrical circuits
- Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement..
- Operate sprinkler & alarm systems, place systems out of service and drain for testing purposes
- Test operate and inspect fire/life safety systems and standby generators
- Install, inspect, trouble-shoot, repair, maintain or alter electrical services, equipment and controls, using approved and properly sized wire, conduit, raceways and equipment.
- Work with high and low voltage systems, including transformers, high voltage primary feed and secondary transformers.
- Work from CAD drawings, prints, schematics, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a safe, efficient and clean operating condition. Strictly adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Report to supervisor any equipment in need of repair or any unsafe situation or condition.
- Operate efficiently, all hand/power tools, test instruments and equipment normally used by this trade and maintain/return in good condition.
- Experience with PLC's and ladder logic including troubleshooting, basic programming and installation.
- Ability to perform work outside of trade to include other duties as assigned by Management including but not limited to: painting, carpentry, changing of light bulbs, installation of pipe, plumbing, snow removal and other maintenance related tasksQualifications
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs.
- Inspect mechanical, electrical systems, record inspections, write reports to Supervisors.
- Perform any additional duties on an as “required” basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Environmental conditions will vary based on job being performed.
Work may take place in either the maintenance shop and/or in the plant depending upon the job requirements.
High school graduate or equivalent. Vocation or technical school certification. Courses in Electrical Theory and Practice.
3 - 5 year's experience in electrical installation or data center functions.
Understand wiring diagrams, schematics and CAD drawings/blueprints.
Have thorough knowledge of the various types of electrical motors and controls.
Must have adequate skills to perform required job functions with minimal supervision.
Mechanical experience to understand data center cooling systems.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Mechanic - Electrician
Date Posted: 2/22/2016
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1475271528