Mercy Health Clinical Nurse Manager 4-C Oncology Med / Surg in Toledo, Ohio
Clinical Nurse Manager 4-C Oncology Med / Surg
Job ID: 4638562
Updated: August 25, 2016
Geographic Location: Toledo
Location: Toledo, OH, United States
Department: 4-C Oncology-Med Surg
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
A professional management position assuming 24-hour responsibility for supervising and coordinating the administrative and operational activities in the assigned areas. In collaboration with interdisciplinary team members, assures safe, efficient and cost effective care to the patients within the assigned areas. Assists in the provision of care to patients of all age groups.
Qualifications - Minimum
- Registration, Certification or Licensure Requirement:
- Current Ohio RN Licensure; Current Basic Life Support Certificate Required; Certification in area of specialty preferred.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, B.S.N. preferred; however, alternate degrees will be considered.
- Work requires level of knowledge of organization and operation of a patient care area, and knowledge of nursing care techniques and methods, generally acquired through three to five years of experience as a professional nurse, with one year experience in appropriate specialty area (may be concurrent). Prior management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to provide effective leadership.
- Must possess analytical abilities necessary to oversee and organize the work of others and to develop and administer policies, procedures, budgets and effect sound nursing practices.
Hours per Pay Period: 80
Hours are varied.
Patient satisfaction focused. Experience in Oncology preferred.
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: 1st., Job Schedule: Full Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.