HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist Clinical Specialist in Thousand Oaks, California
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level III Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating.In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community’s most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care .
This Pharmacist Clinical Specialist provides leadership as the Pharmacist Co-Champion for Antimicrobial Management (Antimicrobial Stewardship, AMP) program. Together with the Physician Co-Champion, the incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, consultation, and clinical & administration support for this Medical Center wide program to meet CMS, Joint Commission, California Public Health Department, and facility goals for the AMP program by developing, implementing, and monitoring compliance with guidelines and protocols for antibiotic use that are based on national guidelines and evidence based standards. AMP Team members provide education/resources to clinicians and hospital staff to promote appropriate and cost-effective use of antibiotics. Pharmacist Co-Champion provides leadership and administrative support for the meetings and activities of the AMP Committee.
Under direction, reporting to the Director, Pharmacy Services, the Pharmacist Clinical Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive clinical and consultative pharmaceutical care services to patients, physicians, and other healthcare professionals. Clinical Services may also include participating in patient care rounds, managing selected therapies, leading and serving clinical care teams, and providing staff education.
Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy, required;
• Doctor of Pharmacy degree required;
• Completion of a General Practice PGY1 Accredited ASHP Pharmacy residency or fellowship, or equivalent experience required.
• At least 3 years of previous experience in a general acute care hospital clinical practice may be considered in lieu of residency experience. At least 1 year shall be as a Pharmacist with a significant clinical role.
• Knowledge of licensure and regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, and professional standards of practice for hospital pharmacy, required.
• Current BPS Board Certification, required. Certification preferred in an acute care specialty.
• Current licensure as pharmacist by state of California, required;
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, required.
• Skill with use of Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, required.
• Completion of specialty PGY2 accredited residency preferred; most desirable experience is in acute care specialties and antibiotic therapy.
• Other certification desired (e.g., ACLS, FCCP, FASHP)
Title: Pharmacist Clinical Specialist
Location: California-Thousand Oaks-Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00048-7342