HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist PRN in Thornton, Colorado
This position reflects beginner to advanced levels of experience and expertise in the area of Occupational Therapy. Staff functioning in this role will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development, and professional initiatives. These individuals may serve as a division resource for their particular area of expertise. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Treatment is provided compliance with the Hospital and Occupational Therapy Service Policies and Procedures.
- Supports of the Hospital and department at all times, participate in the Occupational Therapy and Hospital’s Performance Improvement efforts.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining and improving Occupational Therapy knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to function independently and possesses evaluation and decision making skills.
- Therapists with one or more years experience will mentor and/or oversee the clinical practice of new graduates and students. All therapists are responsible for mentoring and oversight of rehabilitation aides, occupational therapist assistants, volunteers.
- Participation in professional initiatives and staff development.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Maintains current registration with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Maintains current certification in BLS for HealthCare Providers (in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines). Maintains active Occupational Therapy Certification in the State of Colorado
- Education: Graduate of an American Occupational Therapy Association accredited school with bachelors, masters or doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy
- *Successful completion of student clinical rotation or work experience in at least one of the following settings: acute care hospital, long-term acute care facility, skilled nursing facility, and/or acute rehabilitation setting.
Title: Occupational Therapist PRN
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-57289