HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Central Sterile Technician PRN in Thornton, Colorado
North Suburban Medical Center in Thornton, Colorado. Just 10 minutes north of Denver. North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations. We are committed to Patient Safety. Our Mission: To Serve. To Heal. To Care. Our Values: North Suburban’s core values are designed to guide our organization in its commitment to serve, to heal and to care for you. We believe safety and quality of care are the keystones of our work. We treat each other and our patients with compassion and respect. We are honest and ethical in all we say and do. We demonstrate our commitment to excellence by persistently exploring growth and improvement opportunities. We exceed the expectations of our patients, families and the community. We accomplish our mission and vision through collaboration and teamwork. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, pharmacists, residents, dietitians, and support staff is dedicated to ensuring you receive the highest standard of patient care and comfort during your stay. Although many of the staff will not have the privilege of meeting you directly, they are working together to speed your recovery.
Why Choose North Suburban?
• North Suburban has beautiful new ORs thanks to a multimillion dollar investment two years ago
• North Suburban will transition from a Level III to a Level II trauma center in the next year, providing the opportunity to work on exciting, life-changing trauma cases, in addition to elective cases, and be part of helping to shape this transition during 2015
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for 4 years in a row – only 1 of 2 in Colorado hospitals to achieve this recognition the last four years
• Received The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Recertification
• Received the top rating (an “A”) on the Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety score in Fall 2014 survey
• Received Chest Pain Accreditation through the Society of Chest Pain Centers
• Honored by March of Dimes for having zero elective deliveries before 39 weeks
• Honored with the “Excellence in Patient Care” award by the Studer Group in recognition of our consistent performance in top-quality patient care
• Ranked one of the top five safest hospitals in the Denver area by a Consumer Reports study on several safety measures
The Surgical Instrument Technician will be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to perform work processes of the department including decontamination, processing, sterilization and distribution of instruments, trays and supplies to the Operating Room and other Patient Care Departments in the hospital. The Surgical Instrument Technician is experienced in all aspects of steam and chemical sterilization. The Surgical Instrument Technician may rotate to other than his/her normally assigned department and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Surgical Instrument Technician performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice. //
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED
Graduation from High School/equivalent; Central Sterile technical training course is preferred.
· Central Sterile certification preferred, BCLS certification preferred.
· 1-2 years experience as a Central Sterile Technician is preferred.
Title: Central Sterile Technician PRN
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-54811