METTLER TOLEDO Lab Service Sales Representative in The Tri State Area (New York, New Jersey
METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the manufacturing, marketing and service of precision instruments for use in industrial, laboratory and food retailing applications. We have one of the largest Global Service and Sales organizations among precision instrument companies. We are seeking a Lab Service Sales Representative in the Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania).
The Lab Service Sales Representative is responsible for promoting value-added maintenance contract solutions to new and existing customers. Relying on available database marketing information, the Lab Service Sales representative will develop and implement targeted account penetration plans that are closely coordinated with regional business growth initiatives within the Lab and Industrial product and service teams. Key performance criteria will be growth of revenue generated from maintenance contract accounts, and other equipment qualifications, calibration certification documentation, training and other consulting services. A primary emphasis will be expanding the value-added accounts to increase revenue and margin potential. The Lab Service Sales Rep will also focus a large part of their selling time on developing ROW or “rest of world” type accounts. These are described as clients who traditionally do little to no business with MT and have to be nurtured to a relationship with MT. The Lab Service Sales Rep will also leverage product “point of sale” (POS) opportunities, promoting maintenance agreements for large or strategic new equipment installations where it is warranted.
- Demonstrate an ability to prospect for, develop relationships in support of, and ultimately have the ability to close comprehensive contracts within existing, as well as “rest of world” (ROW) customers.
- In cooperation with the responsible Leader, develop and achieve annual revenue targets. Key objectives will be established, and detailed action plans developed describing the initiatives required to achieve business targets.
- Work in collaborative manner with the key members of the Lab and Industrial Business Areas and Rainin sales and service team to present Mettler Toledo in a clearly differentiated manner. Promote and sell complete range of service products, leveraging existing customer relationships to expand the added value Mettler Toledo provides. Responsible for the proposal preparation process, and proper administration of established agreement pricing. The Lab Service Sales Rep will be a leader in driving business within the Lab Business Areas.
- Ensure proper customer account management is executed within an assigned territory. Working with the Leaders and local Mettler Toledo product sales representatives, plan and coordinate the scope of services offered to target accounts. Establish common performance objectives with product sales counter-parts, and work together to achieve an outcome that promotes teamwork within accounts.
- The Lab Service Sales Rep will remain current in all applicable subject matter affecting his/her ability to interface competently with the client base. This may include but may not be limited to: FDA, USP, or other state and federal regulatory requirements, ISO guidelines, and any other developing regulations or Quality initiatives which impact the industry on an ongoing basis.
- The Lab Service Sales Rep will collaborate with the Area Business Managers to train new sales representatives on the service product portfolio as part of the on boarding process. The Lab Service Sales Rep will also assist the Area Business Managers in training under performing sales reps as requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or 5-10 years related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal training in selling techniques and account management is required to perform the job effectively. SAP knowledge/experience preferred.
METTLER TOLEDO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Our US benefits program includes medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan – all eligible upon date of hire. *Additionally, METTLER TOLEDO offers paid time off, flexible spending accounts, short-and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance (with the opportunity to purchase additional life insurance coverage), business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Healthy Lifestyles Programs, and Domestic Partner benefits.
To find out more about METTLER TOLEDO and our products please view our YouTube video.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Publication Date: Oct 18, 2016
Working Place: The Tri-State Area (New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania)