HCA, Hospital Corporation of America PBX Operator / PBX Communications / Part Time / 24 Hrs per wk / Mixed / Wkends Rotate in Terre Haute, Indiana
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Position summary: This position is designed to be the call center for the facility.
• Organized and maintains a regular schedule
• Pleasant personality
• Works well with varied duties and detail
• Ability to perform cognitive tasks
• Demonstrates good communication skills including written, verbal, nonverbal (body language), and interpersonal manners.
• Demonstrates awareness and application of all safety procedures while on duty.
• Demonstrates ability and willingness to plan and coordinate the work day so as to accomplish required tasks accurately.
• Dependable and good attendance
• Ability to work and communicate with all employees
• Demonstrates behaviors that are relative to the HCA Mission and Values Statement: “We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.”
• Promptly answers incoming telephone calls. Accurately and promptly routes to the appropriate hospital department, extension, or patient room.
• Pages individuals over the hospital’s central paging system according to designated policies.
• Pages individuals using assigned beeper system according to designated policy.
• Maintains and demonstrates current knowledge of all hospital emergency plans and implements them according to policy. Emergency plans include Fire, Cardiac Arrest, Infant Abduction, Disturbance, Radiation Contamination, Tornado, External Disaster, and Bomb Threats and other codes.
• Maintains current knowledge of fire system usage and notifies Plant Operations of any code red calls received during shift via email system identifying actions taken to resolve the code.
• Maintains current list of all key hospital personnel. List will include name, extension, beeper, and home phone number.
• Demonstrates ability to utilize computer systems effectively to obtain information when requested.
• Maintains current list of medical staff. List includes address, phone number, fax number, and pager number.
• Maintains and executes access knowledge to the Meditech Physician Directory. Updates changes to the Physician information timely.
• Always maintains proper coverage in department during breaks to insure calls are answered promptly.
• Provides assistance to all customers of the hospital as needed.
• Maintains clean and orderly shared workspace with others. Insures adequate supplies are on hand for next shift.
• Completes all requested special projects timely. (when work load permits or during off peak hours).
• Consistently maintains pleasant and courteous tone of voice at all times.
• Attend Code of Conduct training course annually.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to HCA’s Code of Conduct.
• Demonstrates conduct that is reflective of THRH’s commitment to HCA’s Code of Conduct.
• Understands and satisfies the needs of the patient population appropriate to the age of the patient served (adults, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric, and parents of neonates).
• Adheres to the Standards of Behavior for Terre Haute Regional Hospital as per the Customer Relations Policy.
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
• High School graduate or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of one (1) year secretarial experience in position with public and/or telephone contact
• PC experience; MS Office and computer proficiency.
Valued but not required educational/licensure, skills and experience:
• Associates Degree preferred
• Knowledge of community resources preferred
Title: PBX Operator / PBX Communications / Part Time / 24 Hrs per wk / Mixed / Wkends Rotate
Location: Indiana-Terre Haute-Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00097-5005