Baylor Scott & White Health Contact Center Specialist I Job in Temple, Texas
BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
Title: Contact Center Specialist
Required Education: H.S. Diploma/GED
Required Experience: A minimum of 2 years
Responsible for professionally and enthusiastically answering incoming calls and electronic requests from patients, family members and other external parties to register new patients, schedule healthcare appointments, answer questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information on behalf of the institution.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Ensures accurate, compliant and timely registration of new patients to ensure optimal service and facilitate financial reimbursement.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies or missing information and accurately enters data into the electronic medical record system.
- Verifies insurance coverage or determines patient self-pay responsibility and provides cost information. Schedules an appointment for the patient or family member with a financial counselor if appropriate.
- Schedules healthcare appointments based on need, patient request and in accordance with system and clinic guidelines.
- Interprets physician orders to schedule appointments and ancillary tests.
- Communicates appointment details and any required preparation for testing along with necessary paperwork and payment to facilitate on time arrival, appointment preparedness and optimal reimbursement.
- Writes clerical and clinical patient related messages from patients, family members and other healthcare professionals to administrative and provider staff.
- Identifies emergent patient situations based on caller information and coordinates immediate triage.
- Responsible for calming upset callers by providing a composed and professional demeanor and is able to identify and escalate priority issues for resolution
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
Must pass PSS or CCS training program and successfully complete competency exam to maintain position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Excellent data entry, numeric, typing and computer navigational skills
- Experience in a call center, customer service and/or healthcare setting
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology
- Ability to quickly assess a request, use electronic and paper resource materials and correctly respond to a customer
- Comfortable working in a fast paced constantly changing stressful environment
Job Family: Office/Clerical