MUFG Union Bank Senior IT Auditor - Issues Management, Associate in Tempe, Arizona
The Associate, Senior IT Auditor position is a staff role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function. It reports to either a VP, Audit Manager or a Director, Senior Audit Manager. The position is primarily responsible for Issue Management and Issue Validation resulting from remediation efforts from within the business lines. In addition to issues management and validation, this role may be assigned to execute IT related audits on an as-needed basis, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up.
This position generally does not manage staff. Travel is required for the position, with an estimated range of 10-40% varying on the location of the incumbent and key staff and stakeholder and audit geographies.
• Execute an efficient and effective program of audit work including aspects such as: Lead interviews of process owners to develop understanding of business processes, client’s business
• Identify potential risks and controls, and assist in developing scope and work programs • Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness
• Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation
• Document results using appropriate business and technical language in workpaper system
• Report findings and client issues to Portfolio Manager or Senior Portfolio Manager
• Assist with workpaper review and report preparation
• Complete work on a timely basis and with high quality
• Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
• Build relationships with peers and clients within organization Act as a leader and role model and continuously improve self and department
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Five or more years of IT internal or external audit or risk management experienc
Experience with the financial industry and related markets, and related regulatory bodie
Knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and execution
Strong understanding of Technology
Understanding of IT general controls or other IT controls as indicated in COBI
Sound organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills - Ability to successfully communicate to influence management and lead change in both strategic and tactical initiatives.
Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Other skills as required in assigned areas of responsibility
Title: Senior IT Auditor - Issues Management, Associate
Requisition ID: 10010186-WD
Other Locations: NEW YORK-New York