MUFG Union Bank Cyber Security Operations Analyst in Tempe, Arizona
*_About MUFG Union Bank,N.A.
Join a bank that’s as committed to your future as you are. At Union Bank, a part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do.
Our diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better – from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
This role will respond to events according to documented procedures and industry best practices. Candidates should be experienced in the areas of networking, client/server technologies, and analyzing log files with the ability to identify false positive and true positive events.
Gain knowledge of existing policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines to prevent the unauthorized use, release, modification, or destruction of data.
Gain an understanding of security risks and controls.
Execute monitoring systems used to detect and report security violations.
Provide initial investigation of security incidents
Provide communication and escalation throughout the incident per the operating guidelines
Communicate directly with data asset owners
Perform analysis of log files
Hunting for suspicious anomalous activity based on data alerts or data outputs from various toolsets
Escalating issues when necessary
Maintain knowledge of industry trends and current security practices.
· To effectively apply information security theories and concepts to specific circumstances.
· Escalate incidents, potential compromises, external threats, and attacks.
· Based on experience, the analyst in this position may be on-call 24 hours per day to respond to information security related problems.
_This is a 4 day/10 hour shift_
_The hours for this position are: 9 PM to 7 AM Sunday through Wednesday_
· Work experience in the areas of information security, IS auditing, data processing operations, systems development and/or computer programming.
· Must have a minimum 1 year of operations experience
· 1 year experience working in a large complex, matrix, and global organization.
· Detailed knowledge of at least one operating system and corresponding security system.
· Good oral and written communications skills.
· Knowledge of basic banking concepts and theories.
· The candidate should be able to exercise command scripts and execute programs to obtain the desired results.
· An understanding of software productivity packages like MS Office, MS Access, and terminal emulation software.
· Certifications in a related security domain such as CISSP, GCIA, or GSEC a plus
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
The analyst will learn the skills required to evaluate business process and application software, which effect the integrity, functionality, and reliability of the bank’s network and systems. The position should work toward gaining detailed knowledge of at least one operating system and corresponding security system. Knowledge and understanding of security tools and hacking techniques is a plus. The responsibilities extend to leading multiple security incident investigations at once. The Analyst must report all possible security incidents, potential breaches, attacks, threats, and evidence of compromise to management.
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Cyber Security Operations Analyst
Requisition ID: 10009919-WD