MUFG Union Bank Analyst, Credit Risk Technology & Data in Tempe, Arizona
About Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG)
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do.
Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Support the current state daily/weekly/monthly/ad-hoc reporting infrastructure that directly supports the Credit Risk Management reporting of the bank. Continuously identify opportunities to enhance our credit risk management, reporting and monitoring technology including automation of existing elements of the infrastructure and introducing new, higher level technologies (such as SAS and/or other enterprise-wide technologies). Candidate should be prepared to work with large sets of diverse data across MUFG’s multiple banking entities in Access/VBA while transitioning to SAS and other enterprise technology at the bank.
Develop technology solutions that facilitate efficient and accurate execution of reporting processes & tracking.
• Technical design/documentation
• Development & testing
• Configuration management and production support.
• Automation of reporting
Enhance & extend applications developed to support business units.
• Facilitate end user working groups to elicit business requirements for application enhancements
• Assist in developing a transition strategy to more enterprise wide technologies (e.g. SAS)
• Maintain/enhance/re-engineer existing Access databases
Support/enhance existing risk infrastructure applications and components
• Provide first and second level helpdesk support for Credit Risk applications
• Investigate data inquiries and provide ad-hoc analysis findings to support business
• Analyze & report data with available tools (OBIEE, Access, SAS, Excel)
Identify & implement business process improvements and address data quality issues including:
• Assist in the analysis of new systems and incorporation of new systems into risk infrastructure
• Make recommendations & document business requirements for system and procedural changes
Work with corporate technology group (ISA) to ensure that Credit Risk’s developed systems architecture maintains the proper interfaces with corporate-wide systems and standards.
•One to 2 years experience with a financial services organization. Familiarity with banking products and credit risk concepts preferred
•Experience with SQL language, Database structuring and design is required. Access/VBA experience is preferred.
•Experience in SAS or OBIEE a plus.
•Able to design, develop and manipulate Access databases, query data warehouses and multidimensional databases.
•Strong analytical skills & problem solving capabilities
•Detail oriented and well organized
•Good communication skills both written & verbal
•Must be willing to be accessible on short notice and to occasionally work extended hours when appropriate.
•Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or directly related field.
Why Work for MUFG?
• We are a financially strong and stable bank.
• We value workplace diversity.
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
• We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Analyst, Credit Risk Technology & Data
Requisition ID: 10009721-WD