Raymond James Security Setup Specialist I in Tampa, Florida
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience and/or training to assist with the overall workflow of an assigned functional area. Specific functions include the update and maintenance of mutual fund product characteristics as well as fund family rules and trading requirements within Raymond James’ back office system. These updates impact both client fees and multiple facets of Mutual Fund Trading. Extensive written and verbal contact with internal customers and external contacts is required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews, interprets and applies incoming correspondences from various fund families related to the update and maintenance of mutual fund product characteristics as well as fund family rules and trading requirements.
• Performs a variety of operational procedures within the department, related to the update and maintenance of mutual fund product characteristics as well as fund family rules and requirements including but not limited to new fund set up, fund maintenance, fund trading restrictions and Corporate Actions (mergers, liquidations).
• Prepares various forms of written communication in regards to fund updates to both internal and external audiences.
• After sufficient training, assist in the quality assurance peer review of daily workflow to ensure accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
• Serves as a back-up in cross-functional responsibilities as needed.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Operations and systems of assigned functional area.
• Process flows within specific assigned functional area.
• General accounting procedures.
• Regulations for specific assigned functional area.
• Basic investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry, principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations and/or financial markets and products, as required by assigned functional area.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with internal associates and external contacts at all levels.
• Effectively gather all relevant information in order to analyze, research, and resolve business issues in order to make decisions.
• Analyzing data to identify discrepancies.
• Problem solving.
• Demonstrate strong numerical aptitude and use critical thinking when solving operational problems
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field and three (3) years of general work experience.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None required.
Organization: *Operations & Administration
Title: Security Setup Specialist I
Location: FL-Tampa-St. Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1602288