Raymond James Financial Planning Software Support Analyst in Tampa, Florida
Under minimal supervision, uses specialized knowledge in information technology and skills obtained through experience, formal training and\or certification to provide a high level of support and training for firms’ planning software applications. Participate in projects of moderate scope and complexity that require cross functional coordination. Recommend solutions to moderately complex problems. Extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, and resolve problems. Deliver superior client service through accuracy, timeliness and consistency. Partner with Financial Advisors and Branch staff to ensure solutions meet with the Advisor’s needs. Clients consist primarily of financial advisors and sales assistants/branch professionals but will at times include third party vendors. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to identify, research, and resolve data anomalies and/or inconsistencies.
Note : Hours for this role are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Install, troubleshoot and resolve problems on a wide variety of commercial and proprietary software via telephone.
· Understand and demonstrate a basic knowledge of other RJ systems as well as other third party Vendor applications, such as Morningstar and Hidden Levers.
· Takes ownership of and independently handles the resolution of escalated issues and complex problems; performs analysis on escalated issues and reengineer procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
· Leads the training of other associates in other areas of the WRPS department (Goal Planning & Monitoring, Client Relationship Management, Go to Training, SharePoint).
· Develops and leads the education and training for the end user “Financial Advisers and Sales Assistants/Branch Professionals”. Provides training around key Goal Planning & Monitoring functionality, such as basic use through advanced Goal Planning & Monitoring plans. Training is scheduled around subject matters as pertinent to the time frame. This will be accomplished through several types of training: over the phone, via remote access of advisors computer and webinars.
· Contributes feedback to overall improvement of the Portfolio Management Center and Goal Planning & Monitoring, as well as Client Reporting and assists in implementing corrective actions and solutions as necessary.
· Promotes effective coordination among multiple workgroups in functional areas.
· Use software to remote control end user computers to resolve problems.
· Clearly and professionally communicate technical information to others.
· Monitor the call tracking system for new problem reports and change requests in addition to troubleshooting and resolving requests within required time limits.
· Provide detailed documentation on all calls in the call tracking system (ARM).
· Document product problems and their resolutions in a solutions database for future analyst reference.
· Stay abreast of, and comply with, company and department policies and procedures.
· Identify, research, and report them to appropriate software development area.
· Effectively communicate to clients, peers, and management any system issues that affect the quality or reliability of supported systems.
· Test new product releases in conjunction with software development.
· Represent department and supported products at company meetings, events, and conferences, when needed.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Financial industry concepts including security reorganizations, compliance requirements, alternate security valuations, cost basis, and gain/loss.
· Securities products including equities, fixed income, annuities, and options.
· Various investment and retirement accounts.
· External Accounts and Data Aggregation system.
· Portfolio Management applications.
· Contact Management applications.
· Proprietary broker and financial planning applications.
· Concepts, practices and procedures in supporting computer hardware and software.
· Software installation and removal.
· Computer maintenance, backup and restoration procedures.
· Data networks and protocols.
· Operating personal computers, peripheral equipment, and telecommunication devices.
· Using operating system administration and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
· Using software to remote control end user computers.
· Learning and applying new information skills and processes quickly and providing comprehensive and objective analysis.
· Organization and attention to detail sufficient to prioritize multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced dynamically changing environment.
· Microsoft Office applications sufficient to produce documents, spreadsheets and email.
· Diagnosing and solving computer hardware, software, peripheral equipment, data communications and network problems.
· Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, sufficient to provide basic troubleshooting.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
· Apply critical thinking to quickly ascertain true nature of problems and clearly communicate resolutions in a non technical manner.
· Work well and support others in a team approach to problem solving as well as work independently when required.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
· Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
· Read, interpret and apply information from technical manuals and other materials.
· Exhibit initiative and self-direction when performing tasks.
· Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, with two (2) years of relevant experience in a technical support environment.
An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
Ability to obtain the Wealth Management Specialist (WMS) designation within 9 months of the first day of employment.
Job: *Financial Planning
Organization: *High Net Worth Services
Title: Financial Planning Software Support Analyst
Location: FL-Tampa-St. Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1602518