Raymond James Data Driven Insights Analyst in Tampa, Florida
Under limited supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform data analysis utilizing data mining techniques, design and produce statistical models to address a variety of business opportunities. Develop algorithms and use advanced analytic tools to develop and evaluate a broad spectrum of analytics for large data sets. Work with leadership team to identify and analyze business programs, document, implement, and present the technical information to various internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops statistical models and methodologies to predict, quantify or forecast various operational and performance metrics.
• Performs data analysis develop algorithms and computational solutions as necessary to support the business.
• Performs data management and reporting of product performance data including return rates, failure rates, failure models, and returns forecasting.
• Provides expertise and support when implementing mode results and ongoing business processes.
• Ensures data quality and reliability and provides feedback to business process owners and to the IT department.
• Identifies new data sources that will maximize analytic capabilities for the business.
• Observe current systems and process, interacting with the appropriate teams.
• Utilizes a variety of sources, collects and analyzes information to support the modeling and analysis.
• Collaborates with leadership to identify, define, and solve a variety of problems and supports various corporate initiatives.
• Prepares management reports defining the problem; documents the analysis and recommends courses of action in order to determine the best outcome.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience of statistical models and methods.
• Advanced knowledge of large relational databases, and SQL programming.
• Working knowledge in SAS toolsets.
• Advanced knowledge and familiarity with data mining and visualization tools.
• Superior skills with Excel, SQL, Access, Crystal Reports, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis packages.
• Simplify and present time series and cross-sectional data.
• Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and financial reports.
• Application of advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
• Application of mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Effective present information to management.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with internal customers and other IT professionals.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or related discipline.
• A minimum of two (2) year relational business experience.
• An equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
• None required.
Title: Data Driven Insights Analyst
Location: FL-Tampa-St. Petersburg
Requisition ID: 1602496