Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Sterling Payment Technologies provides point of sales payment technology and electronic transaction processing services to merchants nationwide. Sales are made through our network of partners, including Sales Agents, Dealer Solutions, Associations and Agent/Community Banks. The Merchant Services Associate’s role is to provide Merchant Services support to Sterling’s merchant base and respective sales channels.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with peers and customers, internal and external to Sterling.
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
* Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners and vendors.
* Resolve specific client issues under tight time constraints.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime as needed.
* Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
* Ability to handle confidential material appropriately.
* Answer calls, emails, faxes and internal work orders in a queue based setting and in accordance with service level expectations.
* Consistently meet benchmark performance standards and take initiative to exceed expectations as documented in the call performance script and appraisal and as set forth by Sales Support Director.
* Log interactions, which include calls, emails, fax and F5 queue, using detailed, specific and professional remarks in Sterling internal system.
* Possess quick and creative thinking.
* Navigate multiple screens and databases to research merchant issues effectively.
* Document and escalate merchant requirements as needed.
* Educate merchants on the available tools and Sterling’s product offerings to retain, empower and enhance the merchant’s experience.
* Work closely with Retention to identify merchant shopping” and closures.
* Attend trainings and maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures and information that affect / impact the department and company as a whole, such as card industry regulations, interchange, dues and assessments, and PCI-DSS and PA-DSS compliance.
* Provide on job mentoring to new employees and team members at the direction of Sales Support Director and/or the Merchant Services Team Lead.
* Be flexible to change and offer input to improve self and team efficiency as related to job processes and procedures.
* Assist, as needed, with overflow calls from the Sales Support queue.
* Receive direction from Sales Support Director and Merchant Services Team Lead and perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* All applicants must pass a drug test, background check, and credit evaluation.
* Credit card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries preferred.
* Effective knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* High School diploma required.
* Minimum of 1 year of college or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
* Minimum of 1 year call center experience.
* Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time, wear a headset and look at a computer monitor.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed for support, training and/or conversions.
* Utilize effective time management skills, work effectively under pressure and set personal deadlines, while working with limited supervision.
* Proficient skills in Internet Knowledge/Base navigation, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making skills.
* Meet acceptable attendance and performance standards.