Kinsley Group, Inc. Parts Coordinator - Syracuse, NY in Syracuse, New York
*Position Definition: *
Kinsley Power Systems is looking for a Parts Coordinator for our Syracuse, NY location. The position is responsible for receiving, inventorying and distributing parts to customers and employees in a timely manner. As well as general shop organization, maintenance and upkeep.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support technicians in the field with parts look-ups, part compatibility and quotes
- Works with parts suppliers to ensure parts are on hand as needed and in the correct quantity (JIT Inventory).
- Insures each technician receives the proper parts to ensure successful first time repair of equipment.
- Maintains inventory levels to match the requirements of the customer and company and adjusts stock to curtail accumulation of unused or old parts.
- Sell parts to external customers to meet defined sales goals.
- Processes returns in a timely manner so the company receives full credit from its suppliers.
- Manages supplier relationships and actively seeks new suppliers when appropriate.
- Confirm that parts are coded and available for return so company can claim complete refund on warranty claims and or unused factory stock, within specified time frames
- Assist in establishing competitive pricing guidelines to ensure sufficient profit margins
- Purchases supplies and materials for the Service Department.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports for cycle count and pick-lists.
- Troubleshoots quantity discrepancies with inventory and participates in cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Performs general shop maintenance and is responsible for shop cleanliness.
- Works closely with the Accounting department to ensure appropriate parts have been invoiced to the customer and regularly reconciles all open jobs and invoices.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Associates Degree preferred, with 2+ years related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Previous parts/inventory experience a big plus
- Computer experience, with Great Plains experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Mechanical inclination; diesel and gas engines knowledge preferred
- Solid organizational skills and ability to follow through; uses time efficiently and is detailed-oriented.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and security
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish rapport with customers, colleagues, and management.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Note: Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position, but are not intended to be comprehensive. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item.
Location: Syracuse, NY
Job Code: 202
# of Openings: 1