Rescue Mission Alliance of Syracue Inc Human Resources Business Partner in Syracuse, New York
The Human Resources Business Partner is a full time position for someone that has 3 to 5 years Human Resource experience. The Rescue Mission offers a great opportunity to give back to the community while also providing a learning environment for its employees. This position will provide a learning opportunity for significant growth in your knowledge base in Human Resources. This position is responsible for providing a high level of support in the administration of human resource programs to their assigned area of responsibility.
The successful candidate will perform the following:
- Performs recruitment functions, administers the new hire pre-employment processes, and efficiently manages onboarding in the pursuit of increased retention and productivity.
- Administers benefit enrollment, employee leave requests, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, and disability requests.
- Maintains Human Resources Information System (HRIS) records, entering new hire information, changes in employee demographics, and separation information.
- Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures for the area of responsibility.
- Answers routine requests for information on policy interpretation, benefits, recruitment needs, and compliance. Provides high quality customer service to all employees, vendors, applicants, and the public.
- Assists in the development and presentation of internal training sessions and orientations.
- Provides backup support to receptionist as needed.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in human resources
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
- Prior experience with an HRIS database preferred
- PHR certification preferred
Location: Syracuse, NY – Main Campus
Company: Rescue Mission
Job Code: 532
# of Openings: 1